Kia Cadenza Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
$20 to have them made???

Nope, I don't see how anyone could spend $80 on a few pieces of metal that you could have some local shop do for $20 (if that). I'm just cheap that way, however, I'm sure it's a great fix for the low seats.
And McDonald's hamburgers are still 25 cents!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was searching for the best baby convertible car seats and some issues related to them i found this discussion. i really want some suggesions if you have experience with babies car seats please guide which is the best convertible car seat for my new born baby which will be the most comfy and quality product for my baby?alsosome of my friends told me it is not safe enough for Newborn baby.Anyone has suggestions?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have the 2016 Cadenza Premium and it has 6 way passenger seats so not an issue .Having said that I had two optimas (the later being the hybrid which was totaled ergo I'm driving a Cadenza) and my wife constantly complained about how low the passenger seat was so it seems to be am issue throughout the Kia line .If I didn't have the 6 way seats I would spend anything to keep wife happy Happy wife Happy life

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2014 Cadenza and a short wife who hated the low seat. I bought the kit and after much frustration got it installed. The problem is the bolts going into the body do not go in straight so when u raise the seat the holes in the seat tracks need to be extended. Very easy to cross thread. The easy solution follows.
Tools needed. 14mm socket, 17mm socket. Large box end crescent wrench. Gremmel or similar tool with conical grinding cone. Flat edge screw driver
May need. Old boot, 14mm open end wrench.
1. Throw away instructions that come with kit.
2. Access bolts buy flipping up tabs with screw driver.
3. Move seat all the way forward and backwards in order to remove all 4 existing bolts. Make sure seat is all the way back when last bolt is removed. U may need to use the large wrench on your socket wrench for extra leverage. They were installed by robot who is much stronger than me.
4. U can now install the shims in the front by shifting the seat forward far enough to fit the new bolts. Finger tight only a couple turns. Make sure u do not cross thread.
5. Move seat all the way forward and sit on back seat. Using your head tilt the seat forward and stuff old boot or similar item under rail.
6. Grind out hole in rail to extend it backwards about 1/4" or until new bolt lines up with hole in floor. Install one rear shim. Repeat on other side.
7. Tighten all 4 bolts.

If you damage the treads in the car you can use the original bolt as a tap to clean threads by using 14 mm open end wrench.

Solution is perfect. Happy wife..happy life.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone have a list and specs of the parts included in the 2014 Cadenza Seat Riser Kit ? In the spirit of full disclosure, I live in Canada and the cost of the kit is prohibitive due to shipping and exchange so I'm thinking of buying the parts myself and making my own kit. Questions ; how high is the channel and how long are the bolts provided ? I suppose I could get the channel and simply add the height to the length of the factory bolts. However, I'd like to start from somewhere.

Also, has anyone ever tried to convert a manual seat to a 6-way power seat ? Our cars are now getting to an age were parts are available on the used or third-party market.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts