Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have crackle noise periodically coming from sunroof? ...specially on small bumps. Sometimes it's from middle part sometimes from front...sounds like 2 plastic things push each other.
The same noise I can get if I push plastic part around front reading lights...and when panoramic cover open if I press hard in the middle of the roof which separates 2 roof glasses...but if you press several times in the same spot it stop making noise.

Is it worth to ask dealer to fix it?
White interior...every time I think twice to ask someone to work in it :))

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would have the dealer fix anything no matter how small. They really want to keep us happy.

I did notice one day with a very heavy tail wind the sun roof was loud.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, probably you don't have them as you can't miss it if no music in a car and you are moving 30 mph... It's not loud but annoying as otherwise it is a very quite inside

·
Registered
70 Posts
Went on a test drive just recently, on regular city roads (some really bumpy) and also on the highway when it was quite and I didn't notice any unusual noise. This might be an isolated issue

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have this exact same sound and it's been driving me NUTS!!!!!!!

Haven't taken it to the dealer yet... They're don't like me anymore, lol.
After waiting almost a week on a new headliner coming from California I got my roof noise fixed !!!! What a relief to drive in a quiet car again...

So, they told me that when they removed headliner some clips was broken...and because they couldn't get clips they replace whole headliner with clips assembly...also KIA suggested them to check some bolts for roof noise (probably experience from Optima issues)...and even wanted to send engineer to check it but dealer fixed it and sent them pictures.

I really like that KIA customer support called me every time and follow up with my dealer about that issue and really apologize for inconvenience and they were concern about my full satisfaction...maybe they are trying to raise a bar in the support...

Downside...after I got my car sat radio and nav didn't work ...they fixed it next day though (another trip to dealer) - lose antenna connection (or they just forget to connect it back ??)
Also it's 2 small damaged spots on back seat leather (probably from tools)...they promised that it stretched away in couple weeks but if not they will replace whole back seat.

White leather is still clean :) as they told me that guy worked in clean uniform and gloves in shop where no oil :)

Will,

you should go and fix that noise...now KIA aware of that problem and how to fix it. ;)

Andrei

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
After waiting almost a week on a new headliner coming from California I got my roof noise fixed !!!! What a relief to drive in a quiet car again...

So, they told me that when they removed headliner some clips was broken...and because they couldn't get clips they replace whole headliner with clips assembly...also KIA suggested them to check some bolts for roof noise (probably experience from Optima issues)...and even wanted to send engineer to check it but dealer fixed it and sent them pictures.

I really like that KIA customer support called me every time and follow up with my dealer about that issue and really apologize for inconvenience and they were concern about my full satisfaction...maybe they are trying to raise a bar in the support...

Downside...after I got my car sat radio and nav didn't work ...they fixed it next day though (another trip to dealer) - lose antenna connection (or they just forget to connect it back ??)
Also it's 2 small damaged spots on back seat leather (probably from tools)...they promised that it stretched away in couple weeks but if not they will replace whole back seat.

White leather is still clean :) as they told me that guy worked in clean uniform and gloves in shop where no oil :)

Will,

you should go and fix that noise...now KIA aware of that problem and how to fix it. ;)

Andrei
Thanks,

I 100% agree with you. I'm ready for it to disappear!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Amazing how Kia customer service kept following up with you and not you having to call them, I don't usually hear about that coming from a car maker unless it's some really high end company.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I was surprised too. Last time I was busy to pickup and they called me again to make sure everything resolved and at the end she gave me her name, phone and case number and ask to call back if any issue or questions.

I told her that I'm really happy with KIA consumers affairs... More than with KIA dealers... However even free loaner from KIA dealership is a new step up... As I never had it before

Andrei

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my Cadenza for a little over 3 weeks and it's been back to the dealer twice for the same noise you are hearing. First time they tightened a couple of hex bolts in the track and it was good for 2 days and then the noise came back. I sent the car back last Friday (8/2) and they are replacing the track. They finally got the part yesterday and the mechanic just called me and he basically worked on it half a day yesterday and all day today and he is still not done. Major job with removing the headliner, putting the new track in and aligning the sunroof and then putting everything back together which sounds like it was a real pain. Kia is aware there is an issue so I would strongly recommend sending your car in. Tell the dealer to call Kia USA and ask about the issue because there tech guys know about it. If you want any other info from me just let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue - Trying to figure out where it is coming from.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same issue - Trying to figure out where it is coming from.
Any additional updates on this sunroof ticking/rattling noise? My new Cadenza with 4,000 miles has the panoramic sunroof that ticks like crazy after sitting in the sun all day. It's worse some days than others, but it sounds like a piece of metal tapping on something even with the smallest bumps/cracks in the road, not so much on the bigger bumps, however. If I tilt the roof, it is more pronounced. After the interior cools down it lessens. I can also reduce the noise, or nearly eliminate it, by pressing up (with some force) on the side of the glass roof above the passenger front seat.

I've already applied silicone spray on all the seals and that relieved some of the noises associated with dry rubber seals. This ticking/rattling/metal-tapping noise though, jeez. This is my fourth car with a panoramic sunroof (other three were all Mercedes-Benz cars/SUVs) and I've never experienced this before. Any comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Compared to my previous Mercedes/BMW vehicles, my Cadenza is right up there in terms of driving experience and amenities.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any additional updates on this sunroof ticking/rattling noise? My new Cadenza with 4,000 miles has the panoramic sunroof that ticks like crazy after sitting in the sun all day. It's worse some days than others, but it sounds like a piece of metal tapping on something even with the smallest bumps/cracks in the road, not so much on the bigger bumps, however. If I tilt the roof, it is more pronounced. After the interior cools down it lessens. I can also reduce the noise, or nearly eliminate it, by pressing up (with some force) on the side of the glass roof above the passenger front seat.

I've already applied silicone spray on all the seals and that relieved some of the noises associated with dry rubber seals. This ticking/rattling/metal-tapping noise though, jeez. This is my fourth car with a panoramic sunroof (other three were all Mercedes-Benz cars/SUVs) and I've never experienced this before. Any comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Compared to my previous Mercedes/BMW vehicles, my Cadenza is right up there in terms of driving experience and amenities.
I am experiencing the same issues with my roof. I have to get my car inspected next month and want to get it in for the knock on start-up and the crackling roof at the same time. I am just nervous if they start messing with the headliner they will make it worse. Mine is fine all winter. As soon as the weather gets hotter, especially after it sits in the sun at work, I hear the noise like crazy. I love my car, I love the additional options I got, but I would be happy with no sunroof over the noise this one produces. I have seen some people had the issue resolved, others are still struggling with it. Any news from Andrei on a long term update on the fix the dealer performed?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts