Registered
125 Posts
Ordered from Karbon Koncepts

1x License Plate LED Bulbs - Set of Two / Stage 2

1x LED Interior Kit - Kia / Cadenza / 2

1x LED Fog Light Bulbs - H8

1x 50 Watt CREE LED Reverse Lights

Can't wait to see them on
Nice. I have all of these except the reverse lights. They look great. You will like them!

·
Registered
106 Posts
What makes an LED stage 2?

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im pretty handy with wiring stuff.. i thought about just bypassing the exisiting wires and run a switch to the blank spot near the traction controll button. just buy another switch from KIA parts to swap out from the blank and it'll look stock.

or....

Wiring them up to the LED accent light above the lights so that they'll run at the same time... i'm more inclined to do the first option

·
Registered
65 Posts
When ordering from Karbon Koncepts, the interior LED kit shows 4 festoon bulbs, but the Cadenza interior only uses 2 festoon (rear dome) and 2 wedge (front map). Does the kit include what's actually needed for the map and dome?

I'd also like to swap out the HIDs to something not so yellow. I've used Osram CBI in a prior vehicle and the color was perfect. Any known videos online for swapping these out? I've paid a dealer in the past to do it, but I see several have done this on their own.

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the interior LED kit comes with the correct bulbs...

as far as the headlights... I did the LED swap for fogs and am now looking into LED for the headlights as well..

like these!

·
Registered
16 Posts
They are nice. I have them as well. Any idea how to wire the LED fogs to be daytime running lights? This seems like a good solution since the Cadenza really does not have DRL's....
I love this idea since I just ordered the LED fog lights! Please let me know if you found anything out about this!! I'm trying to find out if it's possible to order the Canadian headlight assembly with the LED DRLs. Wiring would be the next question!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I actually had a local shop wire my LED fogs as DRLs. Now then turn on when the engine is on and turn off when the engine is turned off. All of the other lights, parking, headlights, etc, work as normal. I also had them swap out my HID's for 6000K. It all looks great.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I love this idea since I just ordered the LED fog lights! Please let me know if you found anything out about this!! I'm trying to find out if it's possible to order the Canadian headlight assembly with the LED DRLs. Wiring would be the next question!
I was looking into this myself (actually just adding the DRL module by cracking the headlights). The US Cadenza has the wiring in the harness for DRLs - confirmed in the wiring diagram and in the harness themselves that the wires are there. As such, if you get a headlight with the DRL module in it (i.e. a Canadian one), it should be plug and play.

Let us know how your search goes, I'm still interested in this - but i think the price will be outrageous.

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually had a local shop wire my LED fogs as DRLs. Now then turn on when the engine is on and turn off when the engine is turned off. All of the other lights, parking, headlights, etc, work as normal. I also had them swap out my HID's for 6000K. It all looks great.
I was looking into this myself (actually just adding the DRL module by cracking the headlights). The US Cadenza has the wiring in the harness for DRLs - confirmed in the wiring diagram and in the harness themselves that the wires are there. As such, if you get a headlight with the DRL module in it (i.e. a Canadian one), it should be plug and play.

Let us know how your search goes, I'm still interested in this - but i think the price will be outrageous.

I'd like to know how they wired the fogs as DRL's.. seems like ti could be a simple DIY mod.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd also like to know how the shop wired the fogs as a DRL!

I'm one of the few people who read most of the owners' manual (long time on the can)! I remember it stating in the book to only use the fog lights when absolutely necessary because it puts a strain on the battery (or something like that). Is this true or should I be worried about running my fog lights all the time?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts