Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a 2014 Cadenza Consumer Reports alert for the front windshield. CR Recall Tracker Alert: NHTSA has issued a new recall on your 2014 Cadenza. Car Recall Tracker - Consumer Reports

Details are below.

A front windshield that detaches from a vehicle can increase the risk of a crash or injury.

Summary:

Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling all 2014-2016 Cadenza vehicles. During manufacturing, the front windshield may not have been properly bonded to the vehicle, allowing it to detach.
What should you do:

Dealers will inspect the front windshield glass. If necessary, the windshield will be removed and reinstalled. Repairs will be performed free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed May 13, 2022. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC232.

For more information:

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 22V158000

Potential Number of Units Affected: 30362

·
Super Moderator
201 Posts
Yep, several owners have had this issue. If you have this issue you should definitely take it in ASAP...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I received a 2014 Cadenza Consumer Reports alert for the front windshield. CR Recall Tracker Alert: NHTSA has issued a new recall on your 2014 Cadenza. Car Recall Tracker - Consumer Reports

Details are below.

A front windshield that detaches from a vehicle can increase the risk of a crash or injury.

Summary:

Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling all 2014-2016 Cadenza vehicles. During manufacturing, the front windshield may not have been properly bonded to the vehicle, allowing it to detach.
What should you do:

Dealers will inspect the front windshield glass. If necessary, the windshield will be removed and reinstalled. Repairs will be performed free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed May 13, 2022. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC232.

For more information:

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 22V158000

Potential Number of Units Affected: 30362
Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the recall is for 2014-2016. Had my 2015 in a dealership this morning. Napoli Kia in Milford, CT, big dealer, evaluated it and said they didn't have a windshield in if mine broke during the process-said would order one and would contract a professional auto glass installer to do the install. Good response to a potentially bad situation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm glad they finally recalled this but for some of us, we spent weeks or months trying to get our local dealership to service this exact issue. Unless you could prove it on the spot, they wouldn't do anything about it.

I know myself, I had the car in 3 times within a few days because they were never able to find the source of the leak.....until they pulled the windshield!

In my case, they replaced the windshield two years ago or so, but in the process they damaged the Vin sticker so I had to have the windshield replaced again for that. I might see if they'll replace mine again as I don't think they used the right windshield...I'm pretty sure my car originally had the heated lower glass with the wire, if I'm not mistaken, but I don't think this last replacement does.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
I'm glad they finally recalled this but for some of us, we spent weeks or months trying to get our local dealership to service this exact issue. Unless you could prove it on the spot, they wouldn't do anything about it.

I know myself, I had the car in 3 times within a few days because they were never able to find the source of the leak.....until they pulled the windshield!

In my case, they replaced the windshield two years ago or so, but in the process they damaged the Vin sticker so I had to have the windshield replaced again for that. I might see if they'll replace mine again as I don't think they used the right windshield...I'm pretty sure my car originally had the heated lower glass with the wire, if I'm not mistaken, but I don't think this last replacement does.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Page 2 of the attached recall notice - you may be able to file a claim with Kia for anything you paid out of pocket to fix the problem before the recall was issued:

"What If You Have Already Paid To Have This Situation Corrected?
If you have incurred expense to remedy this issue prior to the date of this notice, you may have the opportunity to obtain reimbursement for that expense. You may submit your receipts online to Kia via the Owners section of www.kia.com or mail your receipts with a copy of the attached Request for Reimbursement form directly to Kia for review and consideration:

Consumer Assistance Center Kia America, Inc. P.O. Box 52410 Irvine, CA 92619-2410 1-800-333-4542

Pursuant to the General Reimbursement Plan issued by Kia pursuant to Federal Regulation 49 CFR 573.13, Kia will use its best efforts to respond to your claim within sixty (60) days of receipt and at that time Kia may either accept or reject that claim or it may request more information to evaluate the claim. "

·
Registered
2 Posts
All my dealer did was leak test it and said there were no leaks so no issue. I have not had an issue with it but is that correct? When I called the Kia recall customer no service they didn't have any information besides what was written. When I asked if they are doing a pull test to see if the bond is below a certain pound pull or is it just a leak test she had no clue.

Should this be a replacement or is it just an inspection? Glad I have not had issues with my 2014.

Steven

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
All my dealer did was leak test it and said there were no leaks so no issue. I have not had an issue with it but is that correct? When I called the Kia recall customer no service they didn't have any information besides what was written. When I asked if they are doing a pull test to see if the bond is below a certain pound pull or is it just a leak test she had no clue.

Should this be a replacement or is it just an inspection? Glad I have not had issues with my 2014.

Steven
My dealer did a leak test also. They said that is what Kia has instructed to do first to determine if a replacement is necessary. Mine did not leak, so no replacement for mine. I have not had any issues either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts