Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I say, I'm new to anything and everything that isn't European. After my 550i GT MSport was totalled, I decided to try Kia's newest toy, the 2021 K5 EX... That little one was light as a feather, and didn't stay on the road... So, after less than two months I traded her in for a 2016 Kia Cadenza SXL. Now this I like! She's nice all around, and honestly I never thought I would say it, but she rides better than many of the Bimmers I have had, gets better mileage, and because of the engine and package; she has more acceleration and toys than all of them.
I know that the K900 has more HP and a few more options, so I was wondering what some of you guys think in comparison between the different models? I already ruled out the Stinger, as that thing handles nothing like people make it out to, and honestly, all the videos and reviews of the Cadenza described ours as "no power and sluggish".... WTF were they driving??!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Strut tower bar will give you a bit more control. There's aftermarket stuff out there, not a lot, but just enough to keep it interesting. The main issue i have with the K900 is the price. It's a nice car, but once you get into that price range, there are other perhaps better options especially with the G80 now finally redesigned. Second, they don't make enough of them. Couple hundred a year for 2019 then 2020. The problem, parts are likely harder to find, and the Kia mechs don't see enough of them to be super proficient if there's a real challenging problem. Don't get me wrong, the 2019 redesign of the k900 is stellar, but I just can't justify that cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was something I noticed "from the get go" when I picked up my 2016. Despite being 5 years old, the people here know far less about it then I was hoping for. What is really surprising about that fact, is that the dealership and many of the techs, mechs, and service staff have been there for decades; asking about any of the other models that Kia, Hyundai, and several Asian brands have made doesn't even phase them, no matter their background. One of them reminded me of my 80yr old uncle, until he started quoting precise stats and pricing on revamping the entire suspension for racing on a 2019 Optima for a guy...lol
Pricing is something that killed me on both the K9 and the newer Bimmers. Well, that and the fact that my babies have fallen out of the top spot in German engineering for the past few years, and become more about electronic components than raw horsepower and performance... :cry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts