Kia Cadenza Forum banner

New Tires

14K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Kadir2007 
#1 ·
I finally had enough with the Hankook tires that came on my Cadenza (17,000 Miles still had plenty of tread). They were terrible in the rain and snow. Rough and uncomfortable over bumps and imperfections in the road. I even felt that the handling was off due to the tires. I had it at the dealer 3 times to correct a shimmy, they never did. I replaced them with Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires. I cannot believe the difference. My car feels like a different car. I took it to a reputable small shop near my house to have the new tires mounted and road force balanced. They said that the dealer put weights on the inside lip of the wheel and the weights did not fit correctly. He used sticky weights on the inside of the wheel and did not place anything on the lip. I have had the car up to 85 and there is no longer a shimmy!!

I just took a trip to the beach and put about 1100 miles on the new tires and I love them. :)

Just for reference I have the limited model with the 19's. I am planning on putting 18's with snow tires or all seasons for this winter. I really want to keep my wheels nice!

#3 ·
I went with the Bridgstone Serenity tread. Fantastic wet weather...extremely good dry, but it's rubber is a little harder, so don't expect track worthy response, but it will out perform a lot, and of course they last a good 40,000 of real world driving, rated at 50k in the 18". And extremely quite, but the stiff sidewalls still give you great dexterity with the road at all speeds.

#4 ·
I'm not a fan of Hankook tires but
My K900 V8 came with the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 tires and they are really good. only tire in my sizes that are rated better
the bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus. The bridgestone also cost $100.00 more per tire for almost no difference in ratings and tests
K900 V8 comes with two different size tires. front are one size and the rear a larger size
They don't make these in the 19" for my Cadenza but they do make them for the 18" wheels
Check the ratings on tire rack and you will see unlike the optima h426 they are really good.
Almost as good as the Bridgestone and $75.00 less per tire in the 18"

#5 ·
Hi, Cadenza Newby here again! My CPO Cadenza came with a new set oh Hankooks. Tire rack reviews of the Hankooks are not great, but so far they are OK. I do appreciate the fact that they are quiet but I suspect that as the miles increase they will not remain that way. Any input on this would be appreciated.

#8 · (Edited)
My K900 has Hankook and they are not bad nor are they that great . (I have never been a fan of all seasons my view is that they are neither fish nor fowl) They are not noisy but I suspect that the noise factor is that the K900 being so well built and so well insulated that even if Nexen tires were the OEM's the car would be quiet ( Nexen's were OEM on my two Optima's and i dumped both sets within a month of purchase ) . I just installed Falken' snow tires on my K900 and my reading on consumer as well as 1010 tire ratings is that Falkens are very high;y rated with a very low price point ( $179.95 per in Canada) vs. Blizzak at 279.99 each) . I purchased the tires from 1010 tires and will consider in the spring buying Falken summer performance tires and new rims . I have posted a picture of the rims I am thinking about .My K900 is metallic silver

Attachments

#9 ·
Those wheels look very nice. I am still going back and forth on getting winter wheels. Part of me wants to save my 19's clear coat. I have a set of 18's from my former Suzuki Kizashi that will fit. I think the TPMS are on the same frequency as well. I just need the tires.

#11 ·
I have the Hankook tires that came with my Cadenza. I leased it last year and only have 17K on the car. The tires are ruining the car, the car doesn't drive evenly it even has a bubble coming from one side of the front tire. I'm currently fighting a battle with the dealer to have then replace the tires without cost as Hankook doesn't seem to want help. Has anyone else experienced an issue where the car literally sways left and right when going straight.

Imagine a kid climbing on the door kickplate, putting his hands on the roof and jumping up and down. The car goes left, right, sway sway sway. I'm losing my mind. HELP anyone. HELP

Anyone have a tire they recommend? I've got 16 months left on the lease and I won't drive this car like this

#12 ·
Sounds like a belt in the tread broke, take it to some one like discount tire. They have helped me before and contacted the tire manufacture about a replacement.
I'm sure there are other tire places which will do the same.
Try the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires, or bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus
Look on tirerack.com for tire ratings on the Cadenza

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.