Kia Cadenza Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not sure about you guys but I have found my NAV to be no longer the great feature that it appeared to be when I purchased in October of 2013. My Iphone 6 allows me to use voice navigation and it gives me real time updates. I have been re-routed when there are traffic backups and the data is always current. I love the big navigation screen in the car but I hate the thought of dropping cash to get what is old data when received. I let my phone navigation play through the bluetooth and life is still good.

Any thoughts or am I missing some features of the onboard Nav??

·
Registered
796 Posts
I believe SiriusXM has live traffic on our nav systems if you pay for it, forgot how much it is. It's not bad if you're in an area with other users so they can collect data. I don't like having a separate unit (phone) mounted somewhere in my car. That also takes cell data (not on unlimited) and wires if you don't want your phone to die. I like the nav because it eliminates all the extra tacky/bad looking junk and clutter in the car. I have found a couple of times where an address wasn't in there but that's pretty rare. Eventually I may get a map update but that price is pretty high.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I believe SiriusXM has live traffic on our nav systems if you pay for it, forgot how much it is. It's not bad if you're in an area with other users so they can collect data. I don't like having a separate unit (phone) mounted somewhere in my car. That also takes cell data (not on unlimited) and wires if you don't want your phone to die. I like the nav because it eliminates all the extra tacky/bad looking junk and clutter in the car. I have found a couple of times where an address wasn't in there but that's pretty rare. Eventually I may get a map update but that price is pretty high.
My understanding and from my own personal experience the Sirius traffic does not work on Cadenza's or Optima's It does work on K900's mind you . When i purchased my new Cadenza August 2016 my SAT did not work. I had simply transferred my plan from my K900 over to the Cadenza ooops 6 weeks later with o sirius finally clued in that traffic and Cadenza is like oil and water .That is in Canada .The US might be work.. Having said that the Iphone mapping provides all accidents and detours and its free .

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
I have a 1014 Cadenza and a K900. At least till the Stinger is a year old. Then may trade in Cadenza.
My traffic only worked one time in the Cadenza and that was on a trip across country.
The K900 seems to work pretty good, local and on trips.
I have a garmin but prefer the K900 navigation over that. Only down fall on the 2015 K900 is
no touch screen.I understand they corrected that in 2016.
Traffic in the Cadenza doesn't seem worth it here in the south west. Arizona

·
Registered
796 Posts
It has worked in my Cadenza just fine during all the trials they give out (near holidays usually oddly enough). It just updates automatically on my vehicle. I also pay for SiriusXM radio ($25 for 5mo) so that's why I get trials I think. It's not the greatest but not bad. I do like other forms such as Android because it will keep you up to date quicker but again, my things was about cables, mounting a device somewhere, and data/cost. We all have our preferred solutions :) Your traffic not working is a trade-off for having DRLs.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have a 1014 Cadenza and a K900. At least till the Stinger is a year old. Then may trade in Cadenza.
My traffic only worked one time in the Cadenza and that was on a trip across country.
The K900 seems to work pretty good, local and on trips.
I have a garmin but prefer the K900 navigation over that. Only down fall on the 2015 K900 is
no touch screen.I understand they corrected that in 2016.
Traffic in the Cadenza doesn't seem worth it here in the south west. Arizona
I find that all traffic radio has really up to date information but I would like to see it back on the Cadenza in Canada

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure about you guys but I have found my NAV to be no longer the great feature that it appeared to be when I purchased in October of 2013. My Iphone 6 allows me to use voice navigation and it gives me real time updates. I have been re-routed when there are traffic backups and the data is always current. I love the big navigation screen in the car but I hate the thought of dropping cash to get what is old data when received. I let my phone navigation play through the bluetooth and life is still good.

Any thoughts or am I missing some features of the onboard Nav??
I have a 2014 Cadenza (just bought it) and it had original nav (V5.5???) Anyway, just downloaded latest V11.5 online and installed it. Wow...what a difference from the original! Very nice features and it allows me to name destinations, not just the addresses...a big deal at 77 (looking at a screen full of addresses and trying to remember where the would take me). :laugh
Without any discount, it cost $149.00...saved $40 by downloading it rather than a mailed copy of the SD card.

Enjoy...

·
Registered
343 Posts
The last link shows Pandora, and Sirius XM travel link. Sure hope these are being added.
These were not listed before under the 2014 cadenza, hope this is the new update and not just the 2015, and K900
I can tell you from first hand experience Travel link does not work on my 2016 Cadenza and in fact if added crashes Sirius totally .I am hopeful that will be changing because I like travel link

·
Registered
125 Posts
I saw a post over in Kia-Forums.com about a map update. Price was dropped to $25 (+$10 shipping). I ordered mine a couple weeks ago, got it & installed it (took about 30 minutes). Maps seem to have more detail, map zoom buttons are now on-screen all the time (instead of hitting the Menu buttom), and, there's about a 10-second delay on the safety warning screen, then it goes away.

I hadn't updated my maps in the nearly 2 years I've owned the Cadenza, so I don't know if this was added previously, but it used to really bug me that the safety warning would stay on the screen until you click the on-screen button, especially since my '16 Sedona had it go away automatically right from the start.

For me, it was totally worth it (for $35) to avoid having to press that button every time I start the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow I'm surprised at the price drop. Used to be these updates were like $150 - now only $25? Truthfully I use Android Auto more than anything but this is a shock. Maybe they realized that they would sell more at the lower price?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I went back to the site and can't seem to find the page for ordering the SD card. I wonder if the $25 sale was to unload inventory of the previous version before the newest one comes out. Clear out the warehouse to make room for the new.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went back to the site and can't seem to find the page for ordering the SD card. I wonder if the $25 sale was to unload inventory of the previous version before the newest one comes out. Clear out the warehouse to make room for the new.
The site still shows it available for my 2015. What year is yours?

It is the most recent update, V14, just released a few weeks ago. It addition to showing new roads in my area, it added the feature of attenuating the volume while in reverse.
By the end of this month, a downloadable version (V14.5) is supposed to be available. The download is free, and is likely the same as V14, just in a downloadable format. I would say that V14 is free as well. Before V14 it was what $150 or so, plus the same $25 + shipping charge for the SD card, or just the $150 for download.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ah, that's the link I was looking for. I couldn't find it when I went back to look. I already purchased one for my Cadenza & Sedona.
I also noticed that volume reduction when backing up. Caught me by surprise when it first happened, so I went to the settings to disable it, then thought, well, maybe it's a handy thing after all, so I left it enabled.

I just got my Sedona update in the mail yesterday - I'll probably install it tonight after work. (I went with the SD card, as all my home PCs are Linux, and there's no Linux installer)

'16 Sedona, '14 Cadenza

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was desperately looking for the download option. It looks like that is (soon might be) only available on a different site Kia-Driver mentioned above...which is not yet working...unfortunately! I really wanted to download it!

Looks like purchasing the SD card for $25 + shipping is the only way to get it as of now. :-(

Anyone else have any luck finding a way to download the software?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The site still shows it available for my 2015. What year is yours?

It is the most recent update, V14, just released a few weeks ago. It addition to showing new roads in my area, it added the feature of attenuating the volume while in reverse.
By the end of this month, a downloadable version (V14.5) is supposed to be available. The download is free, and is likely the same as V14, just in a downloadable format. I would say that V14 is free as well. Before V14 it was what $150 or so, plus the same $25 + shipping charge for the SD card, or just the $150 for download.
[/QUOTEi have a 2114 cadenza with old navigation. How do I download néw for update?

101 - 117 of 117 Posts