Kia Cadenza Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
KIA has a new thing going on map and software updates.
You pay $195.00 and that gets you 3 updates in a 5 year period
Only catch at this point, you have to do it thru the dealership
at the time you buy your car.
Would be nice if they extended that to cars we already own.
I have contacted KIA US Head office and they told me they have no promotion like this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What is the latest SW versions & FW versions?
I don't care about map updates since I just use waze but curious about the sw&fw

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a CPO 2015 Premium with Luxury on Friday the 16th and the Software Version at time of acquisition was VG_MTS.USA.SOP.14.123 and Map Version NA.07.48.41.002. Checked with the dealer and their service department on Saturday about getting the vehicle updated to latest version. Was told that updates weren't part of the Certified PreOwned Program and as such, cost of update was mine to bear.

To error on the side of caution, I purchased a new 16gb SD card (12.99 at Office Depot) and purchased the update via online download for $149.99. Had quite a few failed attempts at getting the file to download (it's almost 11GB in size) but it finally downloaded and I was able to install it to the SD Card and subsequently the vehicle on Sunday. While I didn't time it, I'd say the file download was a little over an hour, configuring the SD Card was probably 20 minutes and the upgrade in the vehicle was probably another 30 minutes or so. When all was said and done, the Software Version now shows VG_MTS.USA.SOP.14.148 and Map Version is now NA.09.47.46.433.

Had I of known the maps were out of date, I would have probably fought to have them update them as part of the purchase from the dealer before signing the contract, but it wasn't something that I researched before jumping into the negotiations. Hope this helps....

·
Registered
36 Posts
I fought for (and received) a free upgrade at the time I purchased my 2014, which had been sitting on the lot for a good 6 months before I bought it and hence out of date. After the update, I no longer have to "confirm" every time, which was all I really wanted. In the end, it is so much faster to use my phone that I just leave one of those CD slot mounts permanently in the slot and forgo the factory nav. It's a shame that Android Auto and Apple Carplay weren't available.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I unfortunately was ignorant at the time and didn't fight for one, and the other Cadenza on the lot sold off the day before with someone coming to look at mine if I didn't buy it when I did. So I will probably wait a year or if there is another version. I've gotten used to pressing "I agree"

·
Registered
796 Posts
It's not a massive difference between the versions. The only thing I want really is updated maps, just can't justify paying THAT much for them. On the rare occasion a place I want to go isn't in the GPS I still have a GPS on my phone. These companies are going to price themselves out of customers.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I honestly have just done it so long that I don't even realize I do it anymore. When I do actually think about it I look down and I've already done it :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have a 2016 and they want 239 plus shipping plus GST and PST or about $300 I think Ill wait until the 2018 updates are available my Iphone are always up to date

·
Registered
37 Posts
V11.5 made available yesterday, Tuesday August 22/17. For the download you now require a 32GB SD card vs. the original 16GB card.

Clean install, now to check out the differences.

320K KM addional roads
500K additional POI

81 - 100 of 117 Posts