Kia Cadenza Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
There's a new TSB (#51) out for the upgrade: Kiatechinfo Link

Doesn't look like any new info, just update procedures if the dealer does the install. The last pages has the new "features," but is just a regurgitation of what is on the Mapnsoft website.

Can I sat that the kiatechinfo site is the best - wish my previous car manufactures would have a had a website like this, makes finding TSBs and tech info about the car soooo much easier.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
I agree with you on kiatechinfo. It is my go to site for kia information. Better than the
service department and parts department at the dealership.
We should give KIA a two thumbs up on that site.
Just to bad they deal with an outfit like mapnsoft.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Did anyone really think mapnsoft would have the map update ready on the 8th. They have given at least 3 other dates when it would be ready, poor , poor, poor company customer service.
Can't believe KIA deals with them.
The 2014 reo and the Sedona's map updates are up for sale, but that is it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did anyone really think mapnsoft would have the map update ready on the 8th. They have given at least 3 other dates when it would be ready, poor , poor, poor company customer service.
Can't believe KIA deals with them.
The 2014 reo and the Sedona's map updates are up for sale, but that is it
Though the website did change from the other day saying that orders are suspended till a new version comes out to "Coming Soon" ...

I'm eager to see this update myself. Nice to see that the TB is out about the update.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
When you do the update, at this point, there are parts of the update missing. That is if you go by mapnsoft s web page. No Pandora as listed under Audio upgrade and no my car zone as listed under the UVO update.
I called them about it, was told they would get back to me

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

·
Registered
55 Posts
(Minor) Bugs in New SW

Some minor bugs discovered in new NAV software (07.43.43.0030)
1. Cannot call up "My Places" using speech recognition
2. Cannot edit My Place Group entry with lower case text. Menu item to change from uc to lc this is unresponsive.

I reported this to Map n Soft and they will investigate further (perhaps).

·
Registered
55 Posts
MapNsoft acknowledged that these features no longer work in the latest release. Developers plan to fix these in the next release.

Seems a bit unsatisfactory -- pay for a new release to get less than the old release, then pay again for the next release to get what you should have had in the first place !

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just purchased a used 2014 Cadenza Premium and noticed my map freezed on me with a Korean error. Would the update fix this issue? If so do I have to purchase it myself or is the upgrade free through the dealership?

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Go to the dealer and show them what is happening, they may fix it for you. You didn't say how many miles it has on it, but if it freezes they should fix it

·
Registered
767 Posts
I took mine in to the dealership for that locking up issue, they replaced the entire Nav. I thought they were waiting for 2 months for the update, when I brought it in, they said no we're replacing the whole unit. of course the software on the new one was older then the one I had taken out, so I was miffed about that. I told them we're going to have to square that away at the next oil change, as I didn't have time that day to get the runaround only to be told they had to "order" the update again...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on here. I am currently the owner of my second Cadenza. My first one was a Premium, that I got into an accident in which the vehicle repair cost more than what it was worth and now am on my second Cadenza. Coincidentally what I owed on the Premium, was the exact same buy out price I paid for the SXL. I bought it at only 5.5k miles, and still runs like a beauty. As this is my first model vehicle that has navigation. What is the process on updating the software? As I'm seeing, it costs money to update? I'm sorry I am such a newbie!

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
KIA has a new thing going on map and software updates.
You pay $195.00 and that gets you 3 updates in a 5 year period
Only catch at this point, you have to do it thru the dealership
at the time you buy your car.
Would be nice if they extended that to cars we already own.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts