Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed on www.kiatechinfo.com that a new TSB (#62) is out for Navigation Software Upgrade. Fixes include:

1. Error Messages displayed in Korean(Navi.exe and mmMedia.exe) which are sometimes followed by system lock-ups
2.Speed Dependent Volume staying active
3.Sirius Traffic being inoperative or intermittently inoperative.

Anyone have this done yet? Curious that it appears there are different versions of the software out there. Even after the upgrade, there are two versions. Any idea what the differences in these versions are? Maybe has to do with options on the car?

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
I'd like to know also, my version is the 14.004. This seems to be the first version.
mine doesn't show gas prices, will show gas stations but not price.
Does latter versions show the gas prices?
Thank you for posting this, I have my first oil change and service on Thursday; will get the update done then

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to know also, my version is the 14.004. This seems to be the first version.
mine doesn't show gas prices, will show gas stations but not price.
Does latter versions show the gas prices?
Thank you for posting this, I have my first oil change and service on Thursday; will get the update done then
Mine's the 14.004 version also. I can't see gas prices, and I don't remember this feature being anywhere in the manuals.

What packages do you have? I have luxury and technology. I'd be curious to compare versions to what packages folks have to help determine what the different version are for.

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
I have the same packages as you, luxury and technology, so the version could be dependent on the packages to some extent.
Will be nice if other versions post what packages they have.
I don't see the gas prices in the manual either but one of the kia sites showing the eservices it showed gas prices. If I come across it again ,will post

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
found it.
go to www.kia.com/us
top of page under technology under uvo
and then features
you will see also Pandora
down farther at siriusxm travel link shows gas prices
check out also under uvo models
uvo eservices with nav
siriusxm travel link gas prices and the one that really got my attention
APP STORE coming soon ???
hope so
maybe some of the other versions of the update have other functions

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gene - thanks for the link. Also, on the same site, when you look under "UVO eSERVICES WITH NAV," The Cadenza is listed with SiriusXM Travel Link and App Store (Coming Soon).

I know I've heard that other Kia's have Pandora in UVO (I think it's the 2014 Soul). Hopefully this rolls out to our vehicles too.

Let us know how the update goes on Thursday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does it correct the issue as to why my cadenza has been in the shop two days? Picked it up and nav did not work. Got an "incorrect data" message. Apparently my car has a sorento chip and hyundai software so they need to change chips and reprogram the car...

When I finally get it back I would absolutely love to see pandora and an app store.

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
No Pandora and no app store at this time in the cadenza. May not get these at all in our car.
Sounds like someone at the dealership replaced your chip with the wrong chip when doing the update. Or they downloaded the wrong update in to your car. Shouldn't take them more than 30 min. to 1 hour at the most to correct this.
If you don't have it back today call the cadenza hotline and ask about it 1-855-542-7733

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it correct the issue as to why my cadenza has been in the shop two days? Picked it up and nav did not work. Got an "incorrect data" message. Apparently my car has a sorento chip and hyundai software so they need to change chips and reprogram the car...

When I finally get it back I would absolutely love to see pandora and an app store.
Let us know when you get it back if you notice any changes/features.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let us know when you get it back if you notice any changes/features.
It looked the same at first glance but i forgot to go through it all in depth. I was just happy to finally get nav in my car... It did not work from day one.

Ill check it for any new features that may not be so obvious in an hour or so.

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
Got my update done today. Don't really notice any thing different. Gas prices are in the new soul nav unit. No Pandora that I see, that is in the soul to.
hope the app store thing is in a new update in cadenza also.
will find out if traffic works next week when I go out on the highway, it hasn't worked up to now

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my update done today. Don't really notice any thing different. Gas prices are in the new soul nav unit. No Pandora that I see, that is in the soul to.
hope the app store thing is in a new update in cadenza also.
will find out if traffic works next week when I go out on the highway, it hasn't worked up to now
Thanks for the update Gene! Looks like the update was "as advertised," as long as your traffic is fixed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No pandora and no App Store. Traffic is working for me but that is the only thing that I find is different. Everything else is exactly the same.

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
Same here only difference is traffic working.
Got the update at the dealership, they didn't know what I was talking about at first.
I had them look up TSB 062 and then they did the update.
At the dealership seems to be the only way to get the update.
Pandora is for soul and app store not out yet but coming, no idea for what cars.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Okay . Also when I take my car for its maintenance and oil changes that scheduled do they add that into you go softwear so that it shows that the maintenance is complete

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any word on Pandora and the app store? Just got our Cadenza Monday and my wife absolutely LOVES it. Not having Pandora sucks though. I know you can stream it thru your phone, but im an Album art kinda guy..

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
My understanding is that Pandora and the app store re in the new uvo/with nav advanced unit in the 2015 cadenza.
I was told a software update for our 2014 cadenza's is due about the end of August, hope it lets us do Pandora and the app store, but not sure

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MapnSoft has the update on their website. If I read the pictures right, it looks like there is Pandora and some enhanced UVO services. Why don't they detail the changes in writing, rather than looking at screenshots?

2014 KIA Cadenza Map Update - Map Updates

I don't see a way to buy it yet anyway.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts