Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed latest Map software Vers 07.43.43.004 (which Kia was nice enough to upgrade for free). The 16G SD card Also includes changes to system software and firmware (??).

Most noticeable (and welcome) change is no need for "I Agree" on start-up. Map comes up after about 5 sec if I wait it out. In addition to new roads and POIs the map seems to have better road graphics, less clutter, and the UI seems improved.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They paid for mine as well. It came out very shortly after I bought my car, I called the preferred access line, and they offered to buy it for goodwill. It was a painless process.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I went in not long ago and was told there was no update available?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Map upgrade

Kia told me that I had to purchase the upgrade my self from MnSoft and Kia would reimburse me. Got the upgrade but nothing really changed that I can see. Still have to "agree" when I start the car and the radio, or nav. comes on.
Did anyone get the map upgrade strait from Kia?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just purchased a 2015 Cadenza Limited on Saturday. It has the Vers 07.43.43.004 installed, which is the latest version.

The "Agree" screen does show briefly, but then goes away by itself. Also, has much, much better graphics than my 2012 Sorento SX which I traded for the Cadenza. Overall, the map screens are a step up from what I was used to in the Sorento, but still getting used to the car and features overall...as I have only had it less than a week now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer installed my upgrade. Probably came from Kia. MapnSoft is simply a distribution channel - not the developer. The SD-card and instructions delivered to dealer was actually for a variety of Hyundai card. No mention of Kia. Same electronics. Same map sw version)

Works fine. Solves the "Acceptance" problem and adds some (minor) interface upgrades. Also breaks a couple of things that worked in prior version (cannot call Favorites by voice; cannot edit in UC/LC; probably some other stuff as well)

On balance, worth the price --- free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts