Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new Cadenza on Saturday and I exchanged the 19-inch tires for the new 18" tires I had on my K900 which I gladly traded in . By the time I was 5 minutes off the lot , late Saturday afternoon the TPMS warning light blinked and then stayed on so I know that the sensors either won't work with 18" tires , need to be adjusted to 18" tires or simply disconnected . When I have a chance I will call the service department to see if that can be twigged . Also why you asked did I do that ? I own a set of snow tires (18 inches) and I didn't want to have to spend 1200 on new snows . Anyways besides the TPMS i love driving the Cadenza way better than the K900.It is a stiffer ride but more responsive and easier to park.,Also the gas mileage is incredible so far .I will keep you informed on the TPMS

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the switch from 18" tires from 19 have a considerable difference in feel (comfort?)

Did you have the V8 K900?

Curious to see what else you notice from this switch.
I only test drove a premium edition with 18" tires so I cannot opine on that . My wife wants me to switch back to the Hankook 19" and skip buying snow tires but Vancouver is very hilly and when we get snow all season just don't work all that well. I did have the Cadanaiands V6 which was not yet available in the US market last year . The electronics are almost identical except that my 2016 has the eco mode and sports mode combined as part of the settings . The K900 has front bumper sensors and the Cadenza does not I will miss that when I am parking for sure Finally so far the only thing I dislike Iis where the auto hold button is on the Cadenza is located but so far everything else is great. As I said the gas mileage is way better .

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How does the cabin noise compare between the two?
How does the cabin noise compare between the two?
I did have the opportunity to drive it down to the US/Can. the border which is a freeway and I found no significant difference in the noise . I did find that the seats are firmer than the K900 but that does not equate to less comfortable Regarding the noise I switched my OEM Hankook 19' inch tires to 18" Goodyear Eagle Sport Tires which I found to be much quieter than the OEM on my K900 .I am not a super fan of KIa's choice of OEM Tires

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did have the opportunity to drive it down to the US/Can. the border which is a freeway and I found no significant difference in the noise . I did find that the seats are firmer than the K900 but that does not equate to less comfortable Regarding the noise I switched my OEM Hankook 19' inch tires to 18" Goodyear Eagle Sport Tires which I found to be much quieter than the OEM on my K900 .I am not a super fan of KIa's choice of OEM Tires

Agreed, I'm getting a pair of pirelli tires all season tires once these OEMs burn up.

I just want the added comfort (whatever I can squeeze out of these 19s) and decreased road noise.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the story has an interesting turn .I took the Cadenza back to the dealership and they switched the tires back to the OEM's . It seems the smaller tires screws up the tire monitoring and the larger tires screws up the tire monitoring on the K900 .Then to make matters worse Sirius screwed up the transfer of one car to another spent over an hour online but the problem was solved So back to 19 Hankooks .Thinking with front wheel drive I wont buy snow tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.