Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Just joined this group and i have to say i think its fantastic.
Not sure if this question has been asked or not,but i purchased a used Cadenza 2014 last year with only 39,000km on the clock.
The thing is i see kia are updating the Nav software but i only see from the years 2017-2019.
Are there any plans to offer free upgrades for older models.
I have downloaded the new Kia/Hyundai/Genesis app for the pc.
I also heard there are some delays until mid August on other updates,hoping the older Generation will be included.
Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, the update is available for your car. I don't think a free download is available yet, but you can order an SD card with the update for $25 plus shipping (< $5). This is a great deal, considering that it was well over $100 before April or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the update is available for your car. I don't think a free download is available yet, but you can order an SD card with the update for $25 plus shipping (< $5). This is a great deal, considering that it was well over $100 before April or so.
Hi yes here in Canada the update costs$30.00 Canadian + another $30,00 to ship may wait a bit longer to see if it comes online,cant see the logic in charging that much for shipping.

Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the original 2014 (love it) and had to buy the map update (download wasn't an option); price was reasonable ($25+) for the disk; shipping was $17+ for two day (no other option). Came in yesterday and updated successfully. I primarily use my phone for nav but decided to buy the map update.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine's also a '14. I bought the update SD card last year. I couldn't do the download as it's Windows-only and all my PCs & laptops are Linux. I've done the download update once on my Sedona back in '16, and it's a somewhat cumbersome process. With the SD card, just unplug the old one, insert the new one, let the update run for 30-40 minutes, and Done. That's worth $25 to me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a '14 as well. Though I use my phone for navigation 99% of the time, I decided to do the map update but also knew it included feature updates as well which really convinced me to do the update. At the time, there were no download options but the SD card in the mail option was cheap and easy. Install took only a few minutes.

The main reason I use Google Maps (or Waze) on my phone is for the instant traffic updates. That is no longer an option for our cars (via SiriusXM) and that bothers me how that is a common theme among auto manufactures these days. Almost all new cars will outright stop available services after 5 years such as traffic updates, voice to text service, etc. That's the main reason I'm so happy there is continuing work on Android Auto and Car Play apps. All of those things are built into those options and they will continue to be supported well beyond the 5 year mark! Google (owns Android) and Apple aren't going anywhere and both are highly invested in deeply inserting themselves into your life so they will continue to build out both platforms. The upside is they will build more and better functioning automated features into both platforms for automobiles and we, the buyers (esp used vehicle buyers) will not have to worry about auto manufactures features that simply won't work after a predetermined period of time! I know the car manufactures want you to buy new cars but just how stupid is that idea of ending services just to try to push you towards a new vehicle after such a short time?

Ok, off my soapbox now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts