Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used my navigation system for the first time yesterday and the route chosen was just plain wrong . I was heading to my grandson's birthday party in Langly BC From Vancouver I would simply,y take Highway 1A is a dedicated freeway over the toll Port Mann bridge .I have settings set for fastest route and not to avoid toll roads or bridges. It tried to guide me to take the non-toll bridge then I assume either head back to the freeway once over . My wife used her iPhone GPS and it said then to take !A which I planned to anyways . I wonder if people not familiar with Vancouver's lower mainland are getting faulty advice . I knew approximately where this place was so I knew I had to stay on the Highway 1a. Have anyone else encountered those types of misguided routing

·
Registered
151 Posts
My wife and I were in Vancouver in August. We left downtown to head east on Highway 1. The Nav sent us a a crazy route which we did not understand. It actually added about an hour to our trip to Golden.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not from Canada but when I had my 14 cadenza with the old maps update it was completely missing an on ramp by my house and sending me all crazy ways to get to the highway. When I purchased my 15 cadenza it had the latest map update with on ramp and all.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Funnyman, the card depends on a few things but how long it was sitting on the dealer lot is a big one. Look at the manufacturing date on your door panel, that may tell you something about it. Mine has been pretty reliable so far (except the screen messing up a few days ago, couldn't see anything) even with some new roads/interchanges on the highway. It just kind of does some really "WTF are you doing and where are we" road switches when I'm on a new flyover where an old one didn't used to be, but when I get back on the highway it just adjusts itself and is composed again.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife and I were in Vancouver in August. We left downtown to head east on Highway 1. The Nav sent us a a crazy route which we did not understand. It actually added about an hour to our trip to Golden.
Did it tell you to take Brunette avenue and yiu ended up going over the River on the old Petula Bridge or if that was close for repairs through the Annicis Island Queensborough all the way past New Westminster ?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not from Canada but when I had my 14 cadenza with the old maps update it was completely missing an on ramp by my house and sending me all crazy ways to get to the highway. When I purchased my 15 Cadenza it had the latest map update with on ramp and all.
When I take it in for my new Radio I will ask them about the updated maps.**** if I am buying a 45K Cadenza with outdated maps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts