Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my gorgeous Cadenza last Thursday and love it. One minor irritant is that I can't seem to see any traffic information. I'm signed up for the service and talked with Sirius extensively about the issue, but they couldn't resolve. They referred me back to the dealer to check the SW version, which I have not done yet. Anyone experience something similar and know the solution? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
same problem

I've had my cadenza for 5 months, signed in for the traffic, haven't seen a traffic issue yet.
even when driving by an issue

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's probably Sirius' traffic service data. I don't remember which buttons to press but there is supposed to be some button to show you what data Sirius is reporting for streets in your area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Kia Corporate is aware that there is a system wide problem with the Cadenza radio SW or firmware (that prevents Sirus Traffic from running) and should have an update for refresh in February. They assigned me a Preferred Customer Rep and she has been great, offering me free accessories, etc. to compensate for the trouble. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue. KIA has been great to deal with but techs are still working resolution. Customer Service confirmed February should have upgrade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from the dealer. As some have already commented in another thread, SW patch applied and issue fixed. Thank you Kia.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just today realized that Sirius Traffic has been out. Is a trip to a dealer for the SW patch the only fix? Tried calling Sirius, who were, of course, clueless. Did try the radio reset (held fm/am and map for 15 secs) but still no traffic.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I know when I start my car underground 3 floors and make my way up, sat rad will kick in but I won't get my traffic. I do see green lines on the highway and major roads and it will even kick yellow and red sometimes when it needs to, the only problem is I'm not notified about it and only am aware when I come up on it. That is the only drawback I've seen so far. There needs to be warnings about this so we can avoid it ahead of time, not just be on the highway and go "oh, it's yellow now and will be getting worse".

·
Registered
115 Posts
After Sirius "refreshed" my radio and I reset it, Traffic eventually did return. Will look to see if any warnings show up - if not, admittedly a feature that should be included.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all:

I too had the same issue: I triggered a refresh from the web and via phone. The Traffic screen in setup showed a green dot next to activated, yet I saw "No Data" on the Nav screen when pressing the SirusTraffic Button.

Per the suggestion above, I reset the radio by holding down the AM/FM and Map buttons at the same time for 15 seconds, the radio reset and NavTraffic is now working. No software update needed for me.

Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts