Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I just bought my Cadenza yesterday, and unlike my Optima with Nav., it makes me agree to the Nav. prompt on the screen at start up, even if I was in another mode, like iPod, when turning the ignition off. The Optima stays in the mode that you were in formerly. Does anyone know of a way around this? Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree it's annoying to agree every time...I couldn't find any way to turn it off.

It must be an advanced option to turn it off once you agreed to that...Let's complain to KIA ...maybe they add it in next software upgrade...or someone hack that system to turn it off :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks Guy,

How did you submit a compliant?
Another good feature I'm missing is opening/closing windows from remote key.
I don't think it's a technical challenge to add that when all electronic to do that already in place...it's just a command to add that...I have it from Honda Accord 2003... My BMW had advanced variation to open sunroof also.
Could you file that too?

Andrei

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks Guy,

How did you submit a compliant?
Another good feature I'm missing is opening/closing windows from remote key.
I don't think it's a technical challenge to add that when all electronic to do that already in place...it's just a command to add that...I have it from Honda Accord 2003... My BMW had advanced variation to open sunroof also.
Could you file that too?

Andrei
Yeah, I noticed this as well. However, with the plethora of other options in the vehicle at a $40k price tag. I wasn't upset it was there. I am annoyed that it constantly request to download my contacts, which I'm not going to have it do.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't have such request at all...maybe this could be reset by options..which i did and forget :):confused:
Thanks, I guess I'll check it out today when I get in the car.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Nav I agree screen

I've checked all the options, can't seem to turn the startup I agree screen off. come on guys someone figure this out. We shouldn't have to go thru this everytime the car is started

·
Registered
194 Posts
ya, i was fine with it the first few days but now its getting annoying, this is my first car with built in nav tho, and the nav is quite impressive!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've checked all the options, can't seem to turn the startup I agree screen off. come on guys someone figure this out. We shouldn't have to go thru this everytime the car is started
Um, why?

It is a legal disclaimer. If it doesn't pop up, you could file a law suit for not remembering the terms, since you were only prompted the first time you drove the vehicle.

·
Registered
194 Posts
^ But you dont have to agree everytime u use your phone as navi. im sure the can put it in that you cant sue them for that.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
you have to agree everytime

Everytime the car starts up I have to agree over again even if I'm not using the nav,and it can't be turned off

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree this feature is a real pain; really my only complaint. My loaded '11 EX Optima only had this agree screen when I used the nav.
Surely, we have to be able to get some kind of software update done by complaining to Kia? My dealer here in NC had no answers.
Anyone know how to send a group request/complaint to Kia about this sort of thing?
thanks,

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Did you get your contact list request turned off?
it can be done by going to phone, settings, turn off contact sync

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is "sort" of on the same topic but I can figure out how to start a new thread......(don't laugh)

Okay, I took the time to register with the UVO website. I have what I would consider a high tech phone as it is a Nokia Window's phone. There is no UVO app for the Window's phone so all of those fancy smancy features mean nothing to me since I can't use them. Anybody have the same issue with not having a phone that was on the UVO app list??

Oh yeah and I am tired of the I agree thing also but it probably is a CYA tool.

Oh and lastly, I got my tint on the car and it is smoking hot. I think I am in love. haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nav screen

I'm with you guys, having to agree to a warning prompt every time you start your car can get on your nerves. I found out that any complaints
us Cadenza owners have should call Kia. You don't call Customer Service
at Kiia. No, we Cadenza owners call Kia Perferred Customer Service @
855-542-7733 and you talk to a rep that will open a case file and see that
someone looks into your problem. They want to hear about what you think
is wrong with the Cadenza.

·
Registered
133 Posts
great; thanks for this info. I will call and discuss with them. did you have a complaint and talk with them? what kind of response did you receive?
thanks,
dave

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
I called about the agree

I called and complained about having th agree to the disclaimer everytime I start the car. If enough people call they could do an up date to agree when we use the navigation

1 - 20 of 30 Posts