Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else had this problem?
When I start my car in the garage; let the nav sys load it is dim as in the night mode. I back car out in to the sun light and sometimes the screen goes bright to day time mode, and sometimes it doesn't. The nav screen on radio and the dash lights will just stay so dim I can hardly see them. Night time mode. It just never switches to day time mode. I have to stop let car set a minute then restart car to get bright display.
A couple of times for no reason the nav screen has just gone to the night time mode in the middle of the day. I live in Arizona so no lack of sun light.
After taking car to dealer to get fixed, the final answer I got from a tech rep is that there is a problem and they know about it. Haven't got a fix yet but when they do will up date my software.
Are they just blowing smoke up my butt or do others see this problem

I have the smoky blue cadenza, kia still can't furnish me a paint scratch touchup pen for the smoky blue cadenza. Hey I've only had the car for 5 months. B3U color kia!

·
Registered
133 Posts
When I start my car in the garage; let the nav sys load it is dim as in the night mode. I back car out in to the sun light and sometimes the screen goes bright to day time mode, and sometimes it doesn't. The nav screen on radio and the dash lights will just stay so dim I can hardly see them. Night time mode. It just never switches to day time mode. I have to stop let car set a minute then restart car to get bright display.
A couple of times for no reason the nav screen has just gone to the night time mode in the middle of the day. I live in Arizona so no lack of sun light.
After taking car to dealer to get fixed, the final answer I got from a tech rep is that there is a problem and they know about it. Haven't got a fix yet but when they do will up date my software.

I have the smoky blue cadenza, kia still can't furnish me a paint scratch touchup pen for the smoky blue cadenza. Hey I've only had the car for 5 months. B3U color kia!
Yes. I have the same problem at times. Also, the auto sound leveling selection for the audio is 'on' whether the choice is selected or not. And, my rear view mirror compass indicator frequently blinks like it can't get a strong signal.
Haven't taken this to dealer yet; sure hope electrical gremlins aren't developing but it seems so.

·
Registered
125 Posts

Sorry to hear about this, Gene. I haven't had this issue. Have you tried the different settings within the menu on the Nav? I believe it is under the display button. It gives the option for day, night, or auto. Auto adjusts the light according to the abient light.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tried the settings

I tried checking the settings and so did the dealer then a kia rep
doesn't change the way this happens. Kia does know about this happening and it is nothing life threatening.
I'm sure they will get a fix sometime.
not a real game changer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nav. screen brightness

Yeah Gene, I have the same problem. Screen not going into the brighter daylight mode and the auto level on the sound always on, can't turn off.
Kind of funny you know, cause Kia advertises the Cadenza as one of the most electronically advance cars. But then they can't even come up with fixes for the stereo & nav. systems. Makes you wonder what kind of more
advance electrical problems will pop up down the road.
The fix I use for the screen not going bright in the daylight is to press the info/setup button (at the far bottom of the console, on the right) and when the next screen comes up, just hit exit at the top on the right (X) and the screen returns where you were at in the bright mode. See if it works for you. Still we wait for Kia "fixes". Bob

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rcpbigdog

Thanks rcpbigdog
beats shutting car off and a restart to get the screen bright again

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nav. screen brightness

Just talked to Preferred Customer service about the screen staying dim in the daylight, and Michele (CSR) said that this problem wasn't showing up on the "radar", and Kia wasn't working on a fix. If anyone is having this problem, please call Preferred Customer Service (1-855-542-7733). I know this is a "nuisance" problem, but by the owners calling in gets their attention to the problem.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called

I called preferred customer services a week to ten days ago and they told me they knew about the issue and were working on a fix. When a fix was ready the dealer would update the programming at a service interval
Quess they don't even know what they are telling people. the number I called was 1-855-542-7733 also

·
Registered
125 Posts
I called preferred customer services a week to ten days ago and they told me they knew about the issue and were working on a fix. When a fix was ready the dealer would update the programming at a service interval
Quess they don't even know what they are telling people. the number I called was 1-855-542-7733 also
Gene - If you set the display to Daytime mode all the time does it still move from bright to dim? Or does it only happen in the Auto setting?

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Auto mode

It happens in the auto mode.
Just seems funny kia tells one person one thing and another person something else

·
Registered
841 Posts

Gene -

Did you get this fixed? Mine just started this behavior. Did the update that came out in Feb fix it (I have not done this update yet)?

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes the Feb update fixed the night view problem. Haven't had any problems with the nav and night view since the update.
You have to have the update done at the dealership
On another note I've had my cadenza for 11 months and just got the smoky blue paint chip pen.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yes the Feb update fixed the night view problem. Haven't had any problems with the nav and night view since the update.
You have to have the update done at the dealership
On another note I've had my cadenza for 11 months and just got the smoky blue paint chip pen.
Thanks Gene, guess I will get the update at my next oil change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts