Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have developed a noise that I believe is coming from inside the car. I suspect the console area. It almost sounds like two pieces of PVC pipe banging together. It only occurs when driving over a sharp edge bump. Another description would be a muted cowbell sound?? Has anyone heard such a noise? I'm also wondering if there is an easy access to view the interior of the console?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hmm? Thats very weird indeed, never had to remove the console area before, have you check the under carriage of the car?. Not too sure what the noise could be though.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I believe the only way to get into the console area is to take apart the dash and I've heard that's about the most pain the butt thing to do in our car and just isn't worth it unless you know it definitely in there it's annoying you THAT bad. GL.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HTML:
Hmm? Thats very weird indeed, never had to remove the console area before, have you check the under carriage of the car?. Not too sure what the noise could be though.
As a matter of fact, I did look under the car. I have a friend who owns a lift. There is not much under there.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe the only way to get into the console area is to take apart the dash and I've heard that's about the most pain the butt thing to do in our car and just isn't worth it unless you know it definitely in there it's annoying you THAT bad. GL.
I was afraid of that!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
The center console assembly is easy to remove.

Remove the screws from both sides of the console and the bolts under the rubber mat in the compartment. remove the top of your shifter assembly and it will come straight up, watch for plugs to remove so don't rip it off.

If you want pictures, check out the shift-knob guide here for the steps to get the console off:

NEW FACES - ??? ???

It's in Korean, but the pictures are the important part.

If have taken my console off 3-4 times now, if you have any questions let me know, not sure what could make that sound, unless you have something in your air-vent down there that bounces on heavy bumps.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Last time I had a funny noise like pvc pipe hitting something, it was on my 2012 optima.
Turned out it was one of the air ducts came loose from the outlet.
Do you have an outlet that isn't putting out much air?
Try turning the fan on full blast then turn off all the outlets to see if you can hear
air coming out where it shouldn't.
Turned out I could see where it separated from the outlet by looking in it with a flash light.
Could be anything back there.
Let dealer do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have developed a noise that I believe is coming from inside the car. I suspect the console area. It almost sounds like two pieces of PVC pipe banging together. It only occurs when driving over a sharp edge bump. Another description would be a muted cowbell sound?? Has anyone heard such a noise? I'm also wondering if there is an easy access to view the interior of the console?
I know this is late but its a small part in the steering column. Its inexpensive, but difficult to reach. Probably worth letting the dealership fix it. Here is the part.. Hyundai Kia Steering Column Flexible Coupler Hyundai OEM 56315-2K000-FFF

1 - 11 of 11 Posts