Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had two repairs done for collision on my 14 cadenza, right rear quarter panel and front left. My radio quit working, nothing shows on display... Then magically, it's on, everything works perfectly, it did take a while for the display to come up to fill color. Then a few days later, it doesn't work again.. It has gone back and forth for our five times. It's been months now without working.. Other clues, my dime lights will light up if the depth is manually activated, they will not light up upon the doors being opened... The entrance lights and front floor lights work. I am thinking it is a faulty module not a fuse... Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
as for the stereo, the rear right quarter panel is home to the amplifier. if I remember right, disconnecting that turned the stereo off (including the screen) i’d peel back the truck lining in that side and make sure all of the connectors are solid. As for the lights, make sure the overhead switch is in the middle position. If it is set to off then the dome lights will not work, even when the doors open.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah, right rear quarter has a bunch of stereo connectors and the amp. You're not going to solve this with an few people on a forum, (my theory anyway). What I would do is reopen the claim from the rear repair and pressure the Insurance company to pay to help you solve this. You likely need a new head unit. Although the symptom you described of the "Dime" light has me a bit confused.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, right rear quarter has a bunch of stereo connectors and the amp. You're not going to solve this with an few people on a forum, (my theory anyway). What I would do is reopen the claim from the rear repair and pressure the Insurance company to pay to help you solve this. You likely need a new head unit. Although the symptom you described of the "Dime" light has me a bit confused.
I believe they meant “dome,” it’s possible the main switch up by the dome lights is set to off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts