Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my new cadenza for a couple months now but I just finished my finals so I thought I'd add some pics and get on the forum. My car shopping started when I sold my first car (a chrysler 300) Ill add a picture but I had it all tricked out. (Which I still regret selling) but oh well. I was looking at 3 types of cars since I'm 6'8 so I needed a bigger car then the optima or the new chrysler 300. I had it down to a Infiniti m37, Hyundai genny or the Kia. It came down to getting the kia since I felt the Infiniti wasn't as nice with no back up sensors and the hyundai the screen wasn't touch. The cadenza had the simplicity and good power which i wanted. So far i'm glad with the car but I have been getting a average of 16 mpg? Anyone else getting that even on freeway I only get to 18, nothing higher then that. Also the drl conversation does anyone know or have they installed drl led's?

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks. Ya I looked around and couldn't find them on any site. I guess the head manager drove car before so he sported the badges. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Los Angeles and deal with very bad traffic all the time and frequently drop down to 12-13 MPG. I average about 15-16 in normal city traffic. I suppose I could get around 19 if I was doing short distance highway all the time, and around 23-25 is the best I've gotten on long distance road trips.

·
Registered
796 Posts
On mixed city/highway with a ton of highway between 60-75 I got 27.5 avg. Figured it with Fuelly, miles driven by gallons added back.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya Today drove for a 30 minute drive and set cruise control on and got 24! so I guess I just need to give it more time. I dont know exactly where to ask this but I got the car from the dealership used. Does the 3 year 30,000 mile warranty included if we bought it there or is it voided since it is used?:confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ya Today drove for a 30 minute drive and set cruise control on and got 24! so I guess I just need to give it more time. I dont know exactly where to ask this but I got the car from the dealership used. Does the 3 year 30,000 mile warranty included if we bought it there or is it voided since it is used?:confused:
From what I read, all warranty periods are transferred. The only exception is the 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty on power train is 5 year, 60,000 mile for subsequent owners. FYI, basic warranty is 5 year, 60,000 mile not 3 year/30,000 mile was you had mentioned. See the warranty information on Kia's website - Kia 2014 Warranty Info

·
Registered
796 Posts
3 questions:

1. How many miles are on your car? My car is still getting better mileage as I wear the engine in towards that 3k mile mark. It is getting much better already just being over 2k as it was from when it was brand new.

2. You say highway miles but is that straight/level surface or is it hilly (up and down/curves)? Highway systems here in IN are fairly boring. Every now and then there may be a gradual dip or rise, a few are large, but for the most part it's fairly even terrain with slowly meandering highways.

3. How is your mileage being calculated? I calculate my mileage by miles driven divided by how many gallons of gas I put back into the car (to the auto kick off point on the pump). I have found that my in car estimate on mpg is usually conservative and either shows a little less than I really get, or just about the actual mileage.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My bad I should of been more specific but I meant the 3 year/30k maintenance program, because I know the basic 5 year and 10 year we have already. Ill look into that warranty thanks bob.

*sh30469
1. My car has 13k as it sits now and here is San Diego there are hilly parts of the road and then some flat surfaces. I calculated the first time by the calculator in the car, then the last two times I emptied my car as much as I could. Then filled it up 2 different times and divided my total miles by the gallon size. Both times came to be 15.5 mpg and 16.3 mpg overall.

·
Registered
796 Posts
My #s were with no AC, not sure if that would put that much of a dent in there, can't imagine it would. You should be getting better mileage than that. Has service been kept up on it (oil changes and such)? Tire pressure good? Maybe let the dealer know at your next service? Maybe they can run a quick diagnostic on it, see if everything in the cars innards is ok.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I usually never have Ac on as well. I will need to go and get the car checked out and see if it will help. Thanks for input!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey thedunk I'm 6'7" and just lost my 300 to a flood... Thinking about the cadenza... How's the head room? Do you have the luxury package that has the thigh extended seats? If yes, any relief? Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont know if this is a too late of a reply but yes surprisingly it has about 2-3 inches with the panoramic roof. I checked out the New 300s but they were too small with their sunroof. I also checked out the genny and m37. But I liked the differential factor of the k7. I have the luxury with the thigh and it helps so I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had mine more than 15k miles and get the sticker mpg for the most part. On long trips I get 26-30 mpg depending on speed and terrain, running 87 octane gas. Even averaged 28 with cruise set at 80 and AC blasting w 3 passengers on interstate in AZ. I would have dealer check it out for sure, as around town I average 18-22 mpg.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi! New to the forums here.

So, my car is getting about 12-14 mpg city.. 18 for mixed.. and its about at 670 miles at the moment. Will the mpg get better as I wear in the motor?

My previous car was the Optima SXL. It actually was getting closer to the mpg posted than my cadenza is(about 18-20 mpg city), and the mileage was consistent since driving off the lot til I traded it in at 18k.

I do live in Hawaii and stop and go traffic is horrible here, but 5-7 miles difference is a bit steep. Im kinda babying the car too since its new, except on the freeway i try to keep it between 2 - 4k rpm.

Any input or advice will be greatly appreciated guys =)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi! New to the forums here.

So, my car is getting about 12-14 mpg city.. 18 for mixed.. and its about at 670 miles at the moment. Will the mpg get better as I wear in the motor?

My previous car was the Optima SXL. It actually was getting closer to the mpg posted than my cadenza is(about 18-20 mpg city), and the mileage was consistent since driving off the lot til I traded it in at 18k.

I do live in Hawaii and stop and go traffic is horrible here, but 5-7 miles difference is a bit steep. Im kinda babying the car too since its new, except on the freeway i try to keep it between 2 - 4k rpm.

Any input or advice will be greatly appreciated guys =)
12-14 seems a bit low. My average is 17 right now but i get into traffic and start driving like a crazy person so it will get to lower. Although after driving only freeway couple times i have gotten 26 mpg. That was strictly highway though. If i lead foot it a lot i tend to get 14-17 and cruising at 80 mph. Im surprised you didn't just sell the SXL to someone else for more. The dealer wanted $7k for my car and i sold it 10.5(500 more then kbb) although it was pretty customized.

·
Registered
47 Posts
12-14 seems a bit low. My average is 17 right now but i get into traffic and start driving like a crazy person so it will get to lower. Although after driving only freeway couple times i have gotten 26 mpg. That was strictly highway though. If i lead foot it a lot i tend to get 14-17 and cruising at 80 mph. Im surprised you didn't just sell the SXL to someone else for more. The dealer wanted $7k for my car and i sold it 10.5(500 more then kbb) although it was pretty customized.
Yea.. then again Hawaii's stop and go is so bad also the road conditions too. Our state uses CHEAP asphalt imo... they crack right after being repaved or road renovation. =/ Also, in my city, its not even a full 100 ft before the next traffic light and some places the light timing is whack.

I agree with you a 100% on driving like a madman when theres traffic... i wouldnt call it road rage.. but i do have the "I NEED TO GET IN NOW! NO YIELDING!" mode as well lol. Oh and my SXL was traded for 23,700 at the dealer. A lot of optimas are flying out our local dealership and a lot of ppl still wouldnt dish out that much for a used "kia." The 18k stated before was the miles it had :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts