Registered
2014 kia cadenza k7
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never has since the day I got it what should I do. It has a huge gap when shut

·
Registered
36 Posts
There are some adjustments. Can you provide some more detail? Could you post a picture of it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looks like it's not closed all the way. maybe the latch needs adjustment? Have you taken it to the dealer? They should be able adjust it for free or minimal cost I would think.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There are also bumpers with vertical adjustments that may need to be lowered (screwed in) some.

·
Registered
2014 kia cadenza k7
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have not gone to the dealer about this yet but I just might. Although I do always tend to want to do any and all work on my car myself. And the little bumper things that screw in and out I have adjusted with no positive results. I keep informed of any changes. Thanks for the replies everyone

·
Registered
2014 kia cadenza k7
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so here what I just figured out with this whole thing, so it looks to me like some one tried to lift the front end from the middle right below the radiator maybe to rotate the tires or who knows, I could be wrong but it just makes complete sense I think. So it bent the bar which the latch for the hood is mounted onto..

·
Registered
729 Posts
So they pushed up on the radiator support essentially? I was gonna ask if it looked like there was damage under the car, normally you'll see the bumper cover sag if someone dragged the front of the car over a driveway or curb, tends to pull and bend things. But if you can see this bent up metal, essentially you'll need to revers the damage somehow. I've never actually eyeballed where all of this is so I have no recommendation. But I'm sure there's somthing could be done. Short of that, you'll need to find a body shop, as the service department won't do this most likely.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I will say if I had to deal with this, I'd start with removing the entire bumper cover and grill assembly, including the lower plastic shroud. Once you expose everything you could try positioning some wood on top and hit it with the sledge. If you have to shape the wood the right way so it only pushes on the part you need to move, that could do it. down side is you'll need the cover back on to know for certain you are at the right place. One thing I'd note, either disconnect the battery or pull fuses for the airbags, just to be certain you don't get things too excited and blow an airbag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts