Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2014 Kia Cadenza. I leased it from NJ and now live in Cali.

Recently, the car has been driving a bit off. I figured it might be due for an alignment so I took it to service.

Service Visit 1

Mentioned the vibrating at low and high speeds and was told "California Roads". We can't do much about it.

Service Visit 2
Again, mentioned that the vibration was getting worse. I insisted they try to see if it needs an alignment.
I was told that the car did indeed need an alignment.

Service Visit 3
After the alignment, it got WORSE. I was told that they needed to inspect the Tire further.

I'm still on service visit 3, they've had my Cadenza for 15+ days now.
They first stated that I needed to purchase tires as they were worn. (The tires have tread but I said okay lets order 2 tires for $600)

THEN, they said my front RIM is bent and that I need to purchase a new one. The retail is 989$ but they can give me a "deal" for 500.

I told them to stop everything and I called Cadenza Consumer Affairs line.

I now have a supervisor looking into this but was told "not much they can do with wheels & tires".

I'm attempting to return the lease with no luck, can ANYONE help me in my current situation? Its a leased vehicle and I don't want to spend almost 1200 for a car I will not be buying.

The dealer just seems to be guessing at this point, can anyone provide some guidance, I'm 26 and I think they assume they can screw me over because I'm young.

-Kadir

·
Registered
135 Posts
If worse comes to worst Looks like only option may be a lawsuit , if you can afford it. You may be able to sue if you find something under consumer leasing act.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Kadir2007, have they proven to you that you have a bent rim? Did you have an incident that would cause a bent rim? I'm afraid that when they said the comment about California roads, I would have been out of there in a heartbeat. Where in CA are you. There has to be another dealer nearby. If you have a wheel problem, you can take it anywhere. Don't let them keep your car any longer. Contact the California Department of Consumer Affairs. I'm in California as well. If I can be of any assistance, let me know via PM.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
service is a function of the dealership.
Some of them just want to sell cars and nothing else.
I had one who gave me all kinds of grief.
Found one here in Phoenix, az. who is great and treats you really good.
Look for another dealership.
There was a recall on the Cadenza wheels, were they ever replaced on yours?
Ask another dealership to check for you on the recall and replacement for free.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Those wheels are not $900 retail...$600 max. He didn't give you a deal, a deal would have been $350. That said I have a set of 4 been trying to get rid of on local craigslist for $500 with little luck. These used wheels are all over, and mine are not the recalled ones.

As far as your complaint, I'm not sure what the issue is. Tires and bent rims are not a fault of a warrantee, and aren't covered unless there is an actual defect. 15 days is BS, i'll agree with you there, but ideally they have you in a loaner...which case you're at least not stranded this long.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Where in California are you?

I had a similar issue with my K900 that they kept in service for 28 days.

There is no cost to have legal representation in CA in regards to a lemon law attorney. (Not sure how it works if you originally bought out of CA though)

In the end, my attorney was able to get Kia to pay out $7,000 for the loss of use and hassle I went through.

You may want to consult with an attorney to see what options you have available.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I finally got someone from Kia corporate to call me back. She offered to pay for "half" of the rim. I explained the sitatiion to her and advised I want out of my lease.

She said I'd need to consult my legal this and that. I basically shut her down nicely and said I really just need to get the **** out of this car.

She's escalating my case (once again), so lets see what happens.

As far as the rental, they keep calling me saying that Kia corporate needs to pay for it. Kia did offer to pay the bill, although this was when I was 9 days out. Day 16+ now.

Hopefully I don't get stuck with it. I'll keep everyone posted!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't see how your Cadenza is in "ruins" as you noted in your title. At best there's a bit of problem with one wheel and maybe the tires. Yeah it sucks that your driving has ruined your tires, a wheel and alignment. The damage that you did was not the dealers or Kia's fault. However you want to hold them somehow accountable, even wanting to cancel your lease, really?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me clarify a little further for those in disbelief

I don't see how your Cadenza is in "ruins" as you noted in your title. At best there's a bit of problem with one wheel and maybe the tires. Yeah it sucks that your driving has ruined your tires, a wheel and alignment. The damage that you did was not the dealers or Kia's fault. However you want to hold them somehow accountable, even wanting to cancel your lease, really?
Here is why the car is in ruins Bob61.

I finally picked up the car after spending money on tires. They never replaced the rim, just said it was "no longer needed".

The car is vibraing much worse at speeds 60mph+. I took the car back this morning and not only will they NOT provide a rental, they now are stating that the rim should indeed be replaced.

Furthermore,

I've contacted Dawn Calderon, details below. No one has called me back. It's been almost 7 days of 3 VMs a day per person (Albert Level1 Support, Dawn - Suporvisor, Kia Cadenza Consumer Line) and I'm not getting any update or call back or email. Nothing.

So They are bascially ignoring me now and hoping I Go Away. I'm including all the contact details of everyone I've been trying to reach. If anyone has better luck reaching these guys go for it!

Customer service is garbage with Kia. The way the car is driving now the Service Advisor said "don't go over 60mph". This is unacceptable.

Supervisor

Dawn Calderon :: Kia Motors America
Consumer Affairs
111 Peters Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92606-1790
Office: (949) 468-4845
Fax: (949) 468-4805
Email: [email protected]

Consumer Affairs

Albert Judson III | Regional Consumer Affairs Analyst
Kia Motors America, Inc. Western Region
111 Peters Canyon Rd., Irvine, CA 92606
T 520-770-4737 F 520-770-4786
E [email protected]

Dealership
Jake Merrill - Service Advisor (Only Guy Who Is Trying To Help Me)
Independence Square Shopping Center,
7303 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111
kearnypearsonkia.com
(858) 560-5544
[email protected]

·
Registered
151 Posts
Kadir, why did you go back to the place that has given you so much grief? Any reputable tire/front/end alignment shop could troubleshoot this problem very quickly. If it needs a wheel, buy the wheel and go after KIA warranty if you feel that us justified.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kadir, why did you go back to the place that has given you so much grief? Any reputable tire/front/end alignment shop could troubleshoot this problem very quickly. If it needs a wheel, buy the wheel and go after KIA warranty if you feel that us justified.
At this point I want them to take responsibility. I'm not in it to get free stuff, they are completely ignoring the fact that I brought this up several months ago and it was dismissed as "California Roads".

If I go elsewhere and take care of it myself then on the lease return they are going to give me grief (Kia Consumer Affairs told me this).

If you ever get the car services elsewhere, be it tires, brakes, anything, it will reflect against me in my lease return.

I just want them to acknowledge the problem and fix it. All they need to do is replace a rim, which I offered to buy myself to fix the problem, and I couldn't get a rental.

Why is Kia stating that they offer luxury brand with luxury experience for their customers, when their dealership can't get their **** together?

Also, i found out Kia Consumer affairs Call Center wasn't recording my calls every time I called them. The last person I talked to said the rep had to go against the rules to remove the call notation.

Its getting a little insane at this point.

Regardless,

Its the principle, you carry a brand, you say you service it. Here we are.

Get it together Kearny Pearson Kia.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Kadir, So sorry for your difficulties. I can see the frustration with all parties in your notes and tone. Unfortunately, I cannot see blaming the dealer or manufacturer/distributor for wheel and tire issues. Unless the wheels are defective (not damaged) there's very little either party can do regardless of manufacturer. There's nothing the dealer can verify about how the car was driven or if the car was subjected to running over curbs or pot holes, etc. Hence, why damaged wheels and tires are fully excluded from warranty.

I can only encourage you to step back and evaluate the situation from a broader perspective. I know its easy for me to write; its not my difficulties. You do have my sympathies; only I don't see a case here (honestly). It may not be worth your further stress and better to write it off as bad luck, try another dealer next time and note that not everything is "covered" on any car. Kindly and sincerely.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm with Socalifk7. Why would you need a rental car to replace a rim? Order it and when they tell you it's in just take your car up there and they will swap your tire onto it and install it, not that long. While it is there for the 30-60mins they would, I assume, have a courtesy vehicle you could use. Other than that it sounds like a whole lot of noise over nothing. I understand it sucks but you have to understand they do nothing with tires or rims, this is on you, not them. Now, if you get the new rim/tire and there is something wrong deeper in the car then yes I can see you having a problem AND asking them for a refund on the unnecessary new rim/tire since they didn't catch the real problem and made you get that when you didn't need it. But for now, no.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update - The Drama Continues

So to update everyone, I was able to get Kia Consumer Affairs to finally call me back. They agreed to pay for the 1 rim and I took the car to a different dealership.

1) Arrived at the dealership to drop off the car

2)As I was signing paperwork, a service rep backed into my Cadenza with another customers Optima. (They are now going to have to replace my bumper).

At this point I've got a rental for who knows how long. Just waiting to get my car back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm stressed for you....I'd have a hard time keeping it together. I had a Nissan's engine fail only 5000k over warranty. They did squat for me. Needless to say, I'm in a '14 Optima SX-T and loving it. My old man has the Cadenza. So far so good. Good luck with Kia.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts