Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a few weeks ago that the clear coat appears to be gone from a few spots on my car, mostly a corner of the hood right above the headlight, the bottom of my trunk below my license plate and then the black trim along side the panoramic sunroof has a thick line running down it. The trim around the rear passenger windows is gone too - I think that's like a black plastic sheet or something as it's very thin...

I'm pretty sure this damage is likely from the car wash I was going to that used rolling brushes.

Is it worth bringing it up to Kia or should I just run it through my insurance? My insurance agent said my coverage should pay for the damage.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Please qualify your post with what year and how many miles on your vehicle. That might help in a decision.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Exactly what Madmax just said...at 6 years old (22 model years are on the lots) there is no way Kia is even going to think about covering it. If you can get your insurance to cover it (without an accident) then go that route for sure. Otherwise, you're out of luck just like the 10's of thousand's of owners of those 80's cars that had lots of clearcoat peeling badly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy my wife & I know that works for our insurance agency said the damage should be covered under our comprehensive coverage.

I'll take it to the body shop near me next week that's done work for me in the past.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts