Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great many of the problems with all of Kia's lineup stems from the when the rubber hits the road .Let's face it both the Nexen and Hankook tires suck .I have owned two Optima s (one hybrid) and the K900 .I have changed tires on all on three almost immediately and have had no vibration, front end or noise issues .The Cadenza I am looking at is 2016 Tech edition which is the top of the line in Canada with 19' 245 *55 .I do have some questions. Has anyone driven their car in snow and if so do you need snow tires assuming you are not driving through mountain passes .In BC a;ll seasons are not allowed during snow days on mountain passes. I might be inclined to replace the tire with Nokian all weather but they are about 350 a tire .I have good year eagle as my summer spring fall tires and a dedicated set of snow tires except last two years in Vancouver it hasn't snowed . The good year all season handle really well on the K900 but unfortunately in Canada the V6 runs on 18" rims not 19"

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is there a particular reason you're down grading? And to answer your question my cadenza handles very well in the Wisconsin snow.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a particular reason you're down grading? And to answer your question my cadenza handles very well in the Wisconsin snow.
I love the K900 it is a great handling car , very quiet and quite roomy front and rear . There is a few things I dislike on is the screen is not touch it is joy stick and two driving in Vancouver is hilly and I use a huge amount of gas even in echo mode . Also the deal I am trying to negotiate will lower my monthly payment by almost 125 .I think that Kia wants all the 2016 inventory gone as their new Cadenza is coming out in late fall and there are some strategic changes :nerd Do you use snow tires or the all seasons that either came with or upgraded too

·
Registered
154 Posts
So far I've stuck with the Hankook tires that came with the car and have not had any issues with them so far.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeah, besides the price, I don't like the 900's gas mileage, this day and age, you gotta be practical. If I ever went up from a cadenza I'd look at an ultimate Genesis, they get the same mileage as the cadenza (long as you don't go with the V8 or AWD) but have most of the same lux the 900 has, or at least everything I'd want.

·
Registered
115 Posts
50K miles on my 2014. No problem with 18" Hankooks.
Went with General Altimax Arctic in 17" thinner tire for winters in Kansas.
They felt overly soft at first, but drive just fine after break-in. Were relatively inexpensive as well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealer will be switching my existing 18 inch Goodyear eagle sport to the new Cadenza and switch back the new 19 on to a cadenza premium . Because the bolt patterns are the same( 5) I will be able to use my Falken winter 18 inch snow tires .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts