Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have just jointed the form and I apologize if I post this inquiry in a wrong thread or section.
I have recently bought a 2014 Kia Cadenza with 31000 miles only. I found a good deal on a driver side headlight with European or Korean style (white signal light).
I am looking for the right side as well and I been searching internet for it. I found 2 eBay stores which are selling the headlight and send them several messages to see if their headlight is Xenon or not, but got no responses so far, which is about 2 weeks ago. A friend of mind told me about this form and I am hoping someone here can or might be able to help him locate the headlight. Any recommendation or direction will be highly regarded and appreciated. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think I saw the headlight you bought on e-bay - I'm always keeping an eye out for the Korean spec headlights (scored a set myself for really cheap about 4 year ago). I have not seen another source other than e-bay. The vendor you are reaching out too (if it's the one I'm thinking of) are selling from Korea - I'm unsure if they are HID or halogen either.

Did your car have HID before, or halogen? These Korean spec ones (w/HID) are great upgrades if coming from halogen, but I wouldn't recommend them necessarily if you already have HID (with the adaptive (i.e. bending) lights). I say that because the KDM ones (at least the ones I got), are not adaptive and will NOT turn with the steering wheel.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Did you get your DRL wired up? If not, the wiring is all there, just not activated on US models. You may be able to get the dealer to activate it, but I ended up tapping into them and feeding them power from under the dash, near the fuse box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Yooshaw,
Thanks for your reply and info. I haven't bought any headlight from ebay store yet because I am not if it's for HID or not. I am also not sure if my 2014 Cadenza came with factory Xenon headlight or Halogen. I bought the car from an insurance auction without front bumper and headlights. I called a local Kia dealer here providing them the vin number and the sales person whom I talk to couldn't tell me what kind of headlight is. They just gave me the OEM part number. But I used to work in a local salvage yard and the owner went to Korea several years ago, got a lot parts for Kia and Hyundai models. They had the driver side headlight European style and I bought that from them. I plugged into the headlight wire harness and it did light up. It was really nice. The fog light plug also fits for both Led and halogen fog lights also. I have been trying to find and purchase the passenger side headlight for 2 weeks and found it on eBay only. Even though it's pricey but I am willing to buy the headlight if it's the right headlight (Xenon). Thanks again

·
Registered
837 Posts
Does the headlight you bought have a module sticking out of the back (like the pic below)? If so, then this is the Korean spec HID module (HID without AFLS, or adaptive bending light). If you don't currently have a error light on the dash with "AFLS." then chances are the car was previously Halogen, and should be fine accepting HID (either the non-AFLS version, or the AFLS version). Does the E-bay listing have a part number?

For the US,
921013R530 and 921013L530 are Halogen
921013R730 and 921013L730 are HID w/ AFLS

Other part numbers are for other markets - I thin the Korean specs ones I have part number ends in 930 (can check this evening).

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yooshaw,
I didn't know the Korean spec ones (w/ LED DLR's) didn't have AFLS! I'm glad I didn't go down that road then! Thanks for that little bit of info that is important to my situation as mine came with HID and AFLS already but I really wanted the LED DRL's from the factory. Oh well. I just settled with wiring the LED fog lights as DRL's in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts