Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed round trip from Huntsville AL to Durham NC and back. Most tankfulls got 30-31 MPG highway. Very comfortable trip in the Cadenza. Saw lots of KIAs but not one Cadenza.
Some hints for long trips you may have already thought of:
Command your radio to FM2, then press Menu on the screen and then Auto Preset. This will tune in the strongest six signals at your current location and leave your home town presets on FM1 intact. Then when you have driven beyond good reception for those six, hit Auto Preset again. Of course I used CDs and my smartphone Milk app too.
On my GPS I used the split screen mode where all the upcoming exits are listed on the right of the screen but I press the top right button that says "rest stops" so it just shows those and tells you how far to each.
Any other ideas?

·
Registered
796 Posts
That's why I thank god for satellite radio, lol I think my wife would cut someone if I tried to take it away
Do you call into XM and renew your 5month for $25 rate? I have done that 3 times now because I think prices are too high. That price is only good for the basic package they have (no internet radio and no "higher end" channels, but all the ones I listen to are in basic) but that's more than enough for most people. If you call into a line they may refuse, when you ask to cancel they will hand you off to an account retention person (I've only had this happen once, they usually work with you and get it right the 1st time). The retention person will offer you several packages that are all "1/2 off" but personally not worth it to me. They will eventually tell you that you can get the 5mo/$25.

**There is more than 1 line to call into SiriusXM, 1 will take you to normal people who will possibly deny the 5month and you'll do what I've explained above, another line will get you to someone who will do it right away, or just luck of the draw. At least 1 of the lines is in Manila, Philippines, the other is somewhere in the US. The Philippines are always very nice and accents aren't too thick, hope you get Twinkle, she was fun.

*** At the end of that 5 month time frame they will auto renew you at their normal rate, be sure to put a reminder in your phone/calendar to call a few days in advance and renew the 5 month deal again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you call into XM and renew your 5month for $25 rate? I have done that 3 times now because I think prices are too high. That price is only good for the basic package they have (no internet radio and no "higher end" channels, but all the ones I listen to are in basic) but that's more than enough for most people. If you call into a line they may refuse, when you ask to cancel they will hand you off to an account retention person (I've only had this happen once, they usually work with you and get it right the 1st time). The retention person will offer you several packages that are all "1/2 off" but personally not worth it to me. They will eventually tell you that you can get the 5mo/$25.

**There is more than 1 line to call into SiriusXM, 1 will take you to normal people who will possibly deny the 5month and you'll do what I've explained above, another line will get you to someone who will do it right away, or just luck of the draw. At least 1 of the lines is in Manila, Philippines, the other is somewhere in the US. The Philippines are always very nice and accents aren't too thick, hope you get Twinkle, she was fun.

*** At the end of that 5 month time frame they will auto renew you at their normal rate, be sure to put a reminder in your phone/calendar to call a few days in advance and renew the 5 month deal again.
I have a very large credit on my account because I found out I was being charged for almost 2 years off and on for a receiver from an older vehicle I had, so I basically dont have to pay for service for another 2 years anyhow

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got a 6 month for $25 deal, and the first time they added traffic for $14 for the six month period. When I renewed (again at 6 months for $25,) they had no traffic deal, so I cancelled it. Somehow, I still get Sirius traffic though and I don't pay now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts