Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
The site you listed has these for sale...

2014+ Cadenza K7 2-way LED Headlight Turn Signal Module Set 2pc - Korean Auto Imports

These look like stock ones plus they are two way for blinkers too! What do you guys think?
I've looked into these - problem is they are an upgrade module, which means it just the LED board designed to replace the stock DRLs. It doesn't come with the diffused acrylic (or whatever it is), or another plastic adapter to house the board. EXLed carries this as well, and has better pictures of the module itself.

2013~ Kia K7 Cadenza exLED LED DRL 2 Way Upgrade Module

You'll notice the module has 6 LEDs, but our housing has 5 spaces. Also notice the silver plastic piece they show the stock module and the upgrade module sitting on - we are missing that piece and is not part of the kit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
awwww....that stinks. thanks for the info though. I really want to get stock looking DRLs into my car. hopefully someone will make a kit to make that happen. It is way too expensive to order a new light from canada.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Does Canada have the LED DRL's in that space?
They do - someone researched it a while back. The DRLs are not a separate product, and the Canadian dealership wanted (if I remember correctly) $1200 for one headlight with the DRL inside. Yikes. I'll see if I can find the thread.

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
BTW I'm still building a homemade DRL / turn signal module - think I found a solution that doesn't go overboard on the heat. Slow going, as I work on building the LED array in between work and managing two kids at night.

Also working other lighting mods - I've upgraded one puddle light - it's about 3x brighter than the stock one. Also looking to change it's behavior so that it comes on at night anytime the interior lights come on.

I'm also trying out a new switchback bulb for the turn signal. The reflector in there is generally too tiny for effective LED use - the light pattern put out by LEDs is just too different than incandescent to be as bright as the stock incandescent. But I keep trying new bulbs!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm surprised non of you guys are all wet about the angel eyes...that to me looks way better then the DRL strips...

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm surprised non of you guys are all wet about the angel eyes...that to me looks way better then the DRL strips...

I'm not crazy about Angel Eyes, but if I did a set, I'd source the halos from TRS. When I crack open the headlight, I plan on measuring the diameters to see what size would be needed.

Still scared to crack open the headlights though, need some more courage before I try.

·
Registered
69 Posts
please keep us up to date on your lighting mods yooshaw, they excite me as well. I have replaced all of my interior and exterior lights with leds from Karbon Koncepts and they looks way better now. there is a light in the center console that shines into the little cargo area in front of the shift lever that I want to convert to led if anyone knows what the bulb size is and how to get to it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
please keep us up to date on your lighting mods yooshaw, they excite me as well. I have replaced all of my interior and exterior lights with leds from Karbon Koncepts and they looks way better now. there is a light in the center console that shines into the little cargo area in front of the shift lever that I want to convert to led if anyone knows what the bulb size is and how to get to it.
Will do - I'll do a write-up on the puddle lights mod I did this week. I know which bulb you are talking about Ryan, but I can't be bothered to try to figure that light out. I may get to it, but I think it involves taking apart the center console. Not high on the priority list.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd be getting those cat eyes if I could find a set that has both sides and both eyes with 100% certainty of the size...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts