Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
From the exterior, you'll always know it's a Limited because it has the chrome finish wheels, "SXL" on the back, and the LED fog lights below. For 2015 and 2016 models, you'll also see the side vents on the front fender.

Premium models with the Technology package will include the 19" alloys as seen below:

Any lower trim Premium models without the Technology package that have the standard 18" alloys:

There are also several different ways from an interior standpoint for you to tell if you have a Premium or Limited. The easiest way to tell is to check the Memory Seating buttons and/or speaker on the doors. If they have chrome trim around them, you're in a Limited:

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
No, not true for the early 2014s. Kia changed the options midway in MY 2014. There was no SXL until mid year. The early limited models have driver side cooling only, non-chrome 19" wheels, no led fog lignts, and some others I might be forgetting.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
The chrome wheel issue is across the board on alot of the KIA vehicles, including the Optima... It's funny you're paying for the highest trim model, you dont expect something like that to happen. KIA is making it right with owners though, we had one customer's dealership offer to strip and repowder coat the wheels any color they wanted!

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
This is my early 2014 cadenza with technology and luxury packages
You can see no chrome around inside door handle. No wood grain trim on arm rest.
Here are the wheels 19"
Yep, and the cars with the white package got the wood grain on the arm rest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is my early 2014 cadenza with technology and luxury packages
You can see no chrome around inside door handle. No wood grain trim on arm rest.
Here are the wheels 19"
Mine, too. First owner got it on 7/15/2013. Early adopter! With Luxury and Technology packages, we have the Unlimited!

You guys are great. Thanks much!

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Mine, too. First owner got it on 7/15/2013. Early adopter! With Luxury and Technology packages, we have the Unlimited!

You guys are great. Thanks much!
I purchased mine in July of 2013 as well, it's been solid for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2014 Limited SXL. I've been checking the current value of this model on KBB. There are 20 to 30 2014 Limited cars advertised in a 500 mile distance from my central Florida location. Most are by dealers. I did not see any Limited SXL models, there advertised as Limited but are Premium with packages. Also, I have the chrome 19in wheels and they look good as new. Car is 25 months old.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm always glad I don't have the chrome wheels. I just really don't like the style, not the chrome so much as the spokes. I like the design of my Premium wheels best :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm always glad I don't have the chrome wheels. I just really don't like the style, not the chrome so much as the spokes. I like the design of my Premium wheels best :)
Well, since I love Surround View Monitor and the additional trim accents, what I would do is buy a Limited, sell the chrome wheels and replace them with the Premium wheels or something completely different. :D

·
Registered
796 Posts
I didn't want all the extra stuff in the tech package, think it would just be an annoyance. Though the blind spot light in the side mirrors was kind of nice over last week when I had an Optima they loaned me that still had the window sticker on it. Got my rear view cam fixed (TSB 077) and they didn't have any loaners so gave me a brand new Optima with 20mi on it. I brought it back with 62 :/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My guess is that at the moment we are seeing the beginning of the very early ones coming off lease. If, in fact, they were calling them Limited back then I don't know. I just know I stumbled into one that had both the Luxury and Technology packages added at a dealer that listed it as a Limited. I don't know what the differences between those two packages and a Limited would be -- probably never find that history! -- but I do know the one difference got me my preferred wheels.

BTW, being a Used 2014 Cadenza owner am a supposed to be in this forum :eek:

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
It's your forum

People with new , used ,or just thinking about a cadenza are welcome. If you are looking at or driving a different model kia let us know what you like or dislike about that model. Lets us know how lucky we are, or what we would like to see on the next generation cadenza.
It is here for everyone

My guess is that at the moment we are seeing the beginning of the very early ones coming off lease. If, in fact, they were calling them Limited back then I don't know. I just know I stumbled into one that had both the Luxury and Technology packages added at a dealer that listed it as a Limited. I don't know what the differences between those two packages and a Limited would be -- probably never find that history! -- but I do know the one difference got me my preferred wheels.

BTW, being a Used 2014 Cadenza owner am a supposed to be in this forum :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been researching into getting a used Cadenza. Either a 2014 or 2015. Premium with Luxury and Tech or Limited. I can also state that dealers don't know the difference between a Premium with the Luxury and Tech or a Limited. Heck some just don't know the difference at all.

Couple of things I've learned to look out for:
1) On 2014s Premium with Luxury and Tech look the same as Limited except the passenger side doesn't have cooled seats, only the driver's side does.
2) Chrome trim around the memory buttons
3) LED Foglights on Limiteds. Almost looks like there are no foglights, but its just the way they are designed.
4) Chrome wheels

I found a few dealers in my neck of the woods that still have 2014 and 2015 NEW Cadenzas. Crazy. These cars are a steal at their current pricing. Hopefully going to pick up a white on white 2015 SXL this weekend. 25k on it for $22k

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.