Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed pretty much all my lights to 6000K LED's. Here are pictures and parts that I ordered. Looks so much better from the 4300K stock HID Lights!!!! Only thing left now is to buy my LED Fog lights and Switchback LED Front Turn Signals!

I purposely chose the lights inside, Dome, Floor and Map lights at a low intensity I wanted to preserve the luxury feel to it, not a fan of super bright lights on the inside. At night they put out enough light to see inside but not over powering.

1 - DS1 6000K HID Headlights (put in for free by my friend at the dealership, bumper didn't have to be removed, push in clip and snap the side of the clip off to remove it, for one side you must remove washer fluid container)

2 - 6000K 194 Bulbs (Glove Box, Front Map Lights, Front Floor Lights and Rear License Plate

3 - 6000K Feaston Bulbs for Rear Dome Lights (DE3175 LED Bulb - 4 LED Festoon)

4 - 6000K Feaston Bulbs for Trunk (bought locally, pretty similar vanity but just a little smaller)

5 - 6000K Feaston Bulbs for Vanity Mirrors (6415 LED Bulb - 4 LED Festoon)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Those headlamps look awesome. I agree that the interior lamps look more elegant in the lower power versions vs the bright ones. And you say the interior lamps provide enough illumination to accommodate the purpose for which they are intended? Great job! It really looks great.

Did you obtain all of the bulbs from the same source?

Thanks for the information on this, murrwin. Very, very helpful.

John

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those headlamps look awesome. I agree that the interior lamps look more elegant in the lower power versions vs the bright ones. And you say the interior lamps provide enough illumination to accommodate the purpose for which they are intended? Great job! It really looks great.

Did you obtain all of the bulbs from the same source?

Thanks for the information on this, murrwin. Very, very helpful.

John
Yes that is correct, the interior lamps provide enough illumination but as you know everyone has a certain preference. Now If I had to increase anything it would be the floor lamps, I might get those a little brighter because the 194 points sideways not down and the cover isn't clear so its is really low. Besides that to me its perfect.

I got all my bulbs except for the trunk light at superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
so the new headlights are led? did you have hid already? idid my fogs in led and now looking to do the headlights. if you can send the link to those headlights that would be great. thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
You live down the street from me, cool beans.

Good looking car. Like the changes.

Reactions: murrwin320

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And which 194's. The pair i have for my license plate lights were too long. Thanks again
the 194's that i used through the car are these....
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-1-led-wedge-base/197/852/

remember these are low powered so if you want something brighter I would suggest otherwise.

The headlights are not LED but are DS1 HID 6000k Headlights (NOT LED, XENON HIDs)

I bought them from a local custom shop but I think Kia and Hyundai Performance and Aero products | Karbon Koncepts has them.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
We are getting setup currently to start carrying all of the LED's for the Cadenza. We currently have the HID's in stock. Thank you for the referral, I appreciate it!!

Would you mind me using an image or two on our website? Your lighting images that you posted are beautiful!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are getting setup currently to start carrying all of the LED's for the Cadenza. We currently have the HID's in stock. Thank you for the referral, I appreciate it!!

Would you mind me using an image or two on our website? Your lighting images that you posted are beautiful!
Sure you can if you don't mind giving credit to my photography company called Digital Da Vinci's Photography. :) Let me know if you need a bigger size.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I changed pretty much all my lights to 6000K LED's. Here are pictures and parts that I ordered. Looks so much better from the 4300K stock HID Lights!!!! Only thing left now is to buy my LED Fog lights and Switchback LED Front Turn Signals!

I purposely chose the lights inside, Dome, Floor and Map lights at a low intensity I wanted to preserve the luxury feel to it, not a fan of super bright lights on the inside. At night they put out enough light to see inside but not over powering.

1 - DS1 6000K HID Headlights (put in for free by my friend at the dealership, bumper didn't have to be removed, push in clip and snap the side of the clip off to remove it, for one side you must remove washer fluid container)

2 - 6000K 194 Bulbs (Glove Box, Front Map Lights, Front Floor Lights and Rear License Plate

3 - 6000K Feaston Bulbs for Rear Dome Lights (DE3175 LED Bulb - 4 LED Festoon)

4 - 6000K Feaston Bulbs for Trunk (bought locally, pretty similar vanity but just a little smaller)

5 - 6000K Feaston Bulbs for Vanity Mirrors (6415 LED Bulb - 4 LED Festoon)

Murrwin - I assume the 6000K HIDs did not impact the AFLS of the Cadenza right? Your lights still move in Auto mode? I'm looking to switch mine to 6000K also.

Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine I have swapped with 3 different brands and mine still look 4300k :-( dont know y.

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
I've always used DDM Tuning HID kits... their quality is top notch and have slim line ballasts!

Also remmebr that 6000k HID might not look the same as 6000k LED because of the different type of illumination.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Any tips for changing the footwell lights?

I looked under the driver side and couldn't figure out how to get at the bulb. The other interior lights were pretty straight forward. License plate lights are next. Ordered the Osram CBI HIDs for the low beams which I'll try to put in next weekend. I had them in a previous car and liked the color output and lumens generated. Curious about these clips that have been giving some folks trouble.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any tips for changing the footwell lights? .
The "lens" comes off easily. I used a plastic interior tool to pry them off, but a small flat blade screw driver would work also.

The low beam bulb clips are a PITA, but with practice I can take them off without too much effort. I just pushed down on the raised portion of the clip which will release it from one side. As others have noted, the passenger side is easier to get at if you remove the washer reservoir.

Hope this helps,
Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
He footwell is easy, just pop off the lens and unscrew the socket.

I finally changed my headlights to 6k. I actually sat there and looked at the clip. Let me tell you, it's not easy... You need a long skinny flathead screw driver and some patience.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts