Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the car in the us does not have the led drls (mounted below the main beam) like the korean version, can you leave the parking lights on during the day (with the led accent lights mounted above the main beam) and they turn off with the car like hyundais? or since it has auto lights that feature is overridden and the lights will stay on when you shut the car off unless they are in auto or off? LED DRLs of any sort are a must have for me once I break the $40,000 barrier.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is what i do... they'll turn off after 30 seconds of so
Another weird question, I know on hyundais when you do this they stay on for 30 seconds, and when you unlock the doors the lights come on (this is for either parking or on positions- parking leaves on or turns on parking lights, and on leaves on or turns on headlights) so does this mean when you unlock the car with the lights in the parking position, it turns them on too? And then do the puddle lights and handle pocket lights come on still, or do those only work in the auto setting?

Also do the lights do an auto leveling or afs sweep when started in the auto position at night?

Actually Cadenza has settings to select if you want the lights turn off right away or after some time after car is off
This is not what im referencing, but thank you. that is for the auto setting, I am talking about taking out of the auto setting.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you put switch in parking lights and turn off the engine and open driver-side door the parking lights turns off. They call it - Battery saver function - in manual.
If you open car from remote they will not lights up either but just light from mirror and inside car will turn on. (there are NO door handle lights on Cadenza)

If you want to leave parking lights on after car is off - you have to turn parking light switch off and back on - then parking lights will stay on

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you put switch in parking lights and turn off the engine and open driver-side door the parking lights turns off. They call it - Battery saver function - in manual.
If you open car from remote they will not lights up either but just light from mirror and inside car will turn on. (there are NO door handle lights on Cadenza)

If you want to leave parking lights on after car is off - you have to turn parking light switch off and back on - then parking lights will stay on
Okay, so once you open the door they cut out, or if 30 seconds pass before opening the door they cut out. Is this the same for when the lights are left in the on position?

When the lights are in auto, I understand they can stay on after the car shuts off for a set amount of time, but when you unlock the doors in auto only the led puddle lights come on?

And darn I saw the handle lights on the korean website and then since the forte gets them now i assumed the cadenza would too, but heck the forte also gets adjustable steering, and led drls and the cadenza doesnt dohh; They have one thing in common though they both forget that passengers like cooled seats too haha.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Okay, so once you open the door they cut out, or if 30 seconds pass before opening the door they cut out. Is this the same for when the lights are left in the on position?
Yes, the same

When the lights are in auto, I understand they can stay on after the car shuts off for a set amount of time, but when you unlock the doors in auto only the led puddle lights come on?
Yes, only puddle lights

·
Registered
65 Posts
the LED light bar does not illuminate when you unlock when you have the lights on 1st notch... disappointing IMHO. im sure they will change things as time moves on
That sucks, but it is the "price" we pay for buying first year production vehicles, they almost always come with these "flaws". Aside from things like that I think Kia built a great vehicle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One last quesiton; assuming the lights are in auto and you approach the car, do the puddle lights come on automatically, or do you have to press the button on the door handle? I like the remote lighting approach so you can decide whether or not to have the lights come on.

Also, do the mirrors fold out as you approach the car, or only once you start it? The same for locking? do they fold once you lock the doors, or as you walk away?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the switch on the door panel has 3 positions.. left, center and right.... keep it in the center position and when you approach the mirrors will automatically unfold.

With puddles?

and when you lock the doors they fold in? or as you walk away

·
Registered
122 Posts
the switch on the door panel has 3 positions.. left, center and right.... keep it in the center position and when you approach the mirrors will automatically unfold.
It will happened if your car is locked and mirrors in Auto position. Mirrors unfold on your approach with puddles and fold back when you leave some distance...nothing happened if car is unlocked.

Also I tested unlock the car from remote when light switch is left in ON position. Lights goes ON for 15 sec with mirrors unfolded with puddles also.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It will happened if your car is locked and mirrors in Auto position. Mirrors unfold on your approach with puddles and fold back when you leave some distance...nothing happened if car is unlocked.

Also I tested unlock the car from remote when light switch is left in ON position. Lights goes ON for 15 sec with mirrors unfolded with puddles also.

Thanks for the detailed info! Stinks that you can't have the led accent lights come on for 15 secs when you unlock the doors and the lights are in the p position; especially if it does this with the lights in on (that is turning on the headlights for 15 secs) its just like hyundais setup.. kind of

I like that they unfold without having to unlock.. classy

·
Registered
122 Posts
Stinks that you can't have the led accent lights come on for 15 secs when you unlock the doors and the lights are in the p position; especially if it does this with the lights in on (that is turning on the headlights for 15 secs) its just like hyundais setup.. kind of

I like that they unfold without having to unlock.. classy
Why do you want LED accent lights only? It looks very nice at dark when you see all LEDs, headlights and taillights around + puddles...I like it...I don't know why it's only 15 sec...I would prefer at least 30 sec to enjoy that view :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why do you want LED accent lights only? It looks very nice at dark when you see all LEDs, headlights and taillights around + puddles...I like it...I don't know why it's only 15 sec...I would prefer at least 30 sec to enjoy that view :)

It's just more subtle and luxurious. When I got my CC it defaulted to turn on the main beams, tails, and puddles when you unlocked.. it reminded me of an american car as they always do this.

Audi's turn on the led accent lights (or drls) and fogs, so i prgrammed the cc to do that and it is much more subtle and luxurious.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts