Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of moving on.. It's been hard to find something equal to the features and the price of the Cadenza - I see some great deals on 2017 Impala's loaded up that comes close... What other cars have you considered in $30K range with features like KIA ?
Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm thinking of moving on.. It's been hard to find something equal to the features and the price of the Cadenza - I see some great deals on 2017 Impala's loaded up that comes close... What other cars have you considered in $30K range with features like KIA ?
Thanks
you should know that the Impala is for all intents and puropses a car built foir trhe rental car indusrtry At onr time 75% of their production was sold directky to the major car rental giants ... They are sold used at great prices and are nice cars to drive but comparing a chevy to a kia is an apple to a pear good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was in the same boat, and decided on keeping the Cadenza. I seriously considered a Nissan Maxima, test drove the SR and Platinum, but the legroom was just not as ample, and there were way too many features missing on the SR, and I didnt feel they were warranted the price increase to get the Platinum. I think after I move to Florida in a few months, I'll be looking at something like an Audi A6.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I considered the Maxima perhaps you saved me a trip to the dealer. I drove a couple of Audi's and wasn't impressed. It's hard to find anything that matches the Cadenza on features at available price. I just wish they can fix the interior creaking.. I'll give the dealer another shot at fixing it... I had a Optima as a loaner and it felt more solid than my 3.5 year old Cadenza. Too bad it lacked the power and smoothness of the V6...

·
Registered
803 Posts
The Genesis G80 or used genesis's would be my next step. But I find that I think it's the ultimate with the v6 that has all the features including the center console dial for the radio. Problem is to find used G's most of them are the ones with less features. I fear I'd be looking at a new one if I ever had to get out of the Cadenza. They are a bit overpriced once you get into that ultimate package.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I recently turned in my 2014 SXL White/White and was having a hard time deciding what I wanted next. My work commute changed putting me in a longer travel time and higher pressure to be present during inclement weather (snow/ice). I wanted something smaller with better fuel efficiency while keeping as many of the comfort and safety features offered by the Cadenza. I had never received so many compliments from strangers and people I know about my Cadenza - appearance, comfort, content. This held true from the day I picked it up until I turned it in.
I was very interested in the 2017 Sportage SX AWD, but was disappointed with the features left off of it (rain sensing wipers, adaptive cruise control, heated rear seats, electronic parking brake, memory seat). I was also disappointed in the mileage from the turbo. Otherwise, the size was perfect and the ride was good. Nothing else from Kia was pulling my attention.

I also looked at a 2017 Civic Touring. I liked the size and the features. Fun to drive with great safety tech loaded in. For $27k, I could have added a set of dedicated snow tires/wheels. Reasonable backseat room too.

I checked out the 2017 Nissan Murano Platinum. Very comfortable and great feature content. Ultimately, a bit bigger than I wanted to go.

I pulled the trigger on a new 2017 Honda CR-V Touring last week. Love this thing! I've never been into much from the Honda line, but I really like the new design and increased dimensions. Feature content is fantastic and it's been great with the snow we've been getting in Portland, OR. Dealers weren't very motivated to negotiate much on MSRP due to it just hitting the lots on 12/21, but it's still worth the money for what I needed. I've been getting plenty of compliments on it which will probably pass as more and more start hitting the road making it very common.

My Cadenza didn't have any issues and I felt a great deal of pride every day I drove it. I will likely miss it when I see others on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.