Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Kia Cadenza Limited. does anyone know how to turn on the LED strip on the bottom of the headlight. ive seen pictures. but idk how to do it. the top comes on auto when i turn on the headlights.

anyone experiencing the same issue.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Are you in the US? Did you have the DRL modules installed? US models have nothing there, just a decorative plastic piece. If you did install a DRL module down there, all the wiring is in place, it's just not activated on US models. I imagine the dealer could activate the DRL circuit, but I chose to wire it myself when I installed my DRL module.

Couple of options to wire it - either near the headlight harness or under the driver side dash. Both involve using a SPDT relay to turn off the modules when the parking lights come on, and additionally I wired it to flash opposite the turn signal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you in the US? Did you have the DRL modules installed? US models have nothing there, just a decorative plastic piece. If you did install a DRL module down there, all the wiring is in place, it's just not activated on US models. I imagine the dealer could activate the DRL circuit, but I chose to wire it myself when I installed my DRL module.

Couple of options to wire it - either near the headlight harness or under the driver side dash. Both involve using a SPDT relay to turn off the modules when the parking lights come on, and additionally I wired it to flash opposite the turn signal.
I am in the US. i didnt have them installed. i figured that they would be pre-installed once purchased from the dealer. i didnt even notice them until after i got the car. so everything is inside the headlights already, and they have to activate it? or do i need to purchase one and then have them activate it?

·
Registered
861 Posts
DRLs were and are not offered on any US model, so if you have them there, then someone else put them in. If you don't want to do any DIY wiring, then talk to the dealer to see if they can activate them. They will probably be unfamiliar, since US models don't have them. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Before that, are there actually bulbs/lights in them or is it just the black plastic that WOULD house them? We all have the black plastic that has the 5 slots but they didn't install them for the US version of the Cadenza (I think SK and Canadian version have the DRL but they are 6 bulb).

·
Registered
861 Posts
Some pics to compare:

With DRL module (not standard on any US model, but comes on Canadian, Korea, and other markets):

Excuse the scratched lens, this was the Korean headlight I bought to get the DRL module. Note the diffused lens and individual reflectors.

No module:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts