Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i'm still new to the forum and had a question. I took delivery of a Cadenza SXL and love it! However i wondered why a 2014 sedan of this caliber would not have daylight LED in the head lights or fog lights. Does anyone know if they are available or where we can find them? I found these online and i'm considering them but I hope some of the other members have some insight.

These are from ebay. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Appears neither option above from ebay will fit the 2014 Cadenza.
"Doesn't fit to 2014 New Cadenza K7" is what I see when viewed.
I purchased the Karbon Koncepts replacement LED bulbs for the fogs and then wired them as DRLs. LED fogs come on when car starts. Very simple project. If anyone is interested, I can post photos.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased the Karbon Koncepts replacement LED bulbs for the fogs and then wired them as DRLs. LED fogs come on when car starts. Very simple project. If anyone is interested, I can post photos.
Thanks for the input. Do you mind posting pictures so we can see? I would really like to have some DRLs. The SXL already has led fog lights but i want DRL's

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mchez. Its cold here in Houston as well. Didi you install yours yourself or did you get professional help? I took some pictures of possible locations for after market DRLs.

option 1 - DRL in the front lower grill

Option 2 - Just above the fog lights there is a small hole on both sides where wires can be run

option 3 - Opening the headlights and running flexible DRLs across the front edge

The third option would probably be the best one but also the hardest and would require a shop to install. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hope the picture of the original cadenza DRL's show up.
I'd much prefer these and have them wired as DRL's
I would like to agree with you Gene.. I look back at mine and see the slots where the led lights for the DRLs should be. Its a shame that they omitted those. They are probably saving it for future releases. Even the UVO services are limited ere compared to the Korean K7 - Theirs has remote start via your smart phone:confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
And front park assist sensors. Rear center console with storage compartment, cup holders, wood grain switch panel for seat heaters, and rear sound controls. Mood lighting and I'm sure lots of other things KIA omitted from our model to save them money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These would be easier to install than the ones in the headlamps. just replaces the entire fog lights
They probably want to introduce them as new options over here. I will be more careful with my next Kia purchase even though i love my Cadenza :)

On a brighter note I believe I have found the module that fits into the slots where the DRLs should be. Take a look at this product

2014+ Cadenza K7 2-way LED Headlight Turn Signal Module Set 2pc - Korean Auto Imports

It appears this was the part omitted in our cars ...From the pictures it appears these can be drls AND signal lights? Take a look

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
There the ones I listed earlier in this post. I just wonder how hard it will be to install them. I don't think I want to take the headlamp all apart. If they could be inserted from the rear I'd put them in. I thought the original ones only had 5 LED's, these have 6 LED's
Should anyone find out how to do it let us know

·
Registered
125 Posts
This seems like a good solution to no standard DRL's on the Cadenza. How did you wire the fogs to be DRL's??

Has anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello mchez 7663,
Just joined the forum after researching DLR's. A shame this car didn't have them. I have read all the posts on this site and see some of the same frustrations regarding these lights. I've down loaded the schematics for the fog lights and the led parking lights and am of the opinion that wiring the fogs to come on as the car is started is the easiest solution.
Did you merely disconnect them and hard wire them through a new fuse tied into empty spot in fuse panel?
Would appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Hans

·
Registered
182 Posts
Would really like to see someone mod our headlamp assembly to get these DRL up and running! I really enjoy the Mercedes/Lexus DRL look and would like something similar on our cars...

·
Registered
182 Posts
You might want to look at these
2014+ Cadenza K7 2-way LED Headlight Turn Signal Module Set 2pc - Korean Auto Imports
I must admit, not sure how hard they are to install in the headlight assembly, I'd like to know that myself
I'd rather not buy from a company that has nothing but negative reviews on BBB.
Thanks mchez. Its cold here in Houston as well. Didi you install yours yourself or did you get professional help? I took some pictures of possible locations for after market DRLs.

option 1 - DRL in the front lower grill

Option 2 - Just above the fog lights there is a small hole on both sides where wires can be run

option 3 - Opening the headlights and running flexible DRLs across the front edge

The third option would probably be the best one but also the hardest and would require a shop to install. Any thoughts?
I agree with option 3, that would be the best place for them, obviously taking apart the headlights will be challenging to do if you've never done it before.. but I'm willing to give it a shot if I can find the correct wiring.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts