·
Registered
9 Posts
wow look really nice!

Reactions: Beezwax

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've been wanting to do this for a while. How long did it take? I've seen somewhere else that it should be pretty simple, is it just a pop of a clip and switch? No real tooling or taking anything else apart?

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been wanting to do this for a while. How long did it take? I've seen somewhere else that it should be pretty simple, is it just a pop of a clip and switch? No real tooling or taking anything else apart?

you'll need to remove the splash cover under the bumper on each side to get to it... just a few screws and you're good. takes 15 minutes for both

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice :) I have the LED's in as well, the 20W from K5OS I believe. They pretty much match up with the D1S OSRAM CBI HID bulbs, they look amazing when you pull up to a building with all glass windows in the front ;)

·
Premium Member
543 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
did you have to use any load resistors? I found a pair of LED in my tool chest, so happens to be the same bulb type for fog light. Probably elcheapo but they seem to flash 50% of the time I turn them on, not sure if I should get resistors or better lights. They look good when they dont flash

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
did you have to use any load resistors? I found a pair of LED in my tool chest, so happens to be the same bulb type for fog light. Probably elcheapo but they seem to flash 50% of the time I turn them on, not sure if I should get resistors or better lights. They look good when they dont flash
Sounds like they are just old (bad).

If youre looking for a set we carry a 20 and 80 watt option for the Cadenza. Both contain CREE LEDs and are a high quality build compared to alot of products you see on eBay or even Amazon.

K5 Optima Store - CREE LED Fog Light Bulbs 1 (PAIR)

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
What do those Amber ones look like? I'm not looking for orange, more on the bright Lexus yellow side. I have some decent incandescents in, but would love to go LED yellow
I would say it matches your amber turn signals. This photo a customer took describes it the best:

We used to carry a low beam/fog set up in a 3000k temp (yellow) but we stopped carrying them and only offering in a 6000k temp option. I can see if we still can source them for you, they are on the pricey side but are VERY bright!

K5 Optima Store - K5 Optima Store - 3,200 Lumen CREE LED Headlight/Fog Light Kit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts