·
Registered
9 Posts
wow look really nice!

Reactions: Beezwax

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've been wanting to do this for a while. How long did it take? I've seen somewhere else that it should be pretty simple, is it just a pop of a clip and switch? No real tooling or taking anything else apart?

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been wanting to do this for a while. How long did it take? I've seen somewhere else that it should be pretty simple, is it just a pop of a clip and switch? No real tooling or taking anything else apart?

you'll need to remove the splash cover under the bumper on each side to get to it... just a few screws and you're good. takes 15 minutes for both

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice :) I have the LED's in as well, the 20W from K5OS I believe. They pretty much match up with the D1S OSRAM CBI HID bulbs, they look amazing when you pull up to a building with all glass windows in the front ;)

·
Premium Member
543 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
did you have to use any load resistors? I found a pair of LED in my tool chest, so happens to be the same bulb type for fog light. Probably elcheapo but they seem to flash 50% of the time I turn them on, not sure if I should get resistors or better lights. They look good when they dont flash

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
did you have to use any load resistors? I found a pair of LED in my tool chest, so happens to be the same bulb type for fog light. Probably elcheapo but they seem to flash 50% of the time I turn them on, not sure if I should get resistors or better lights. They look good when they dont flash
Sounds like they are just old (bad).

If youre looking for a set we carry a 20 and 80 watt option for the Cadenza. Both contain CREE LEDs and are a high quality build compared to alot of products you see on eBay or even Amazon.

K5 Optima Store - CREE LED Fog Light Bulbs 1 (PAIR)

·
Registered
783 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
What do those Amber ones look like? I'm not looking for orange, more on the bright Lexus yellow side. I have some decent incandescents in, but would love to go LED yellow
I would say it matches your amber turn signals. This photo a customer took describes it the best:

We used to carry a low beam/fog set up in a 3000k temp (yellow) but we stopped carrying them and only offering in a 6000k temp option. I can see if we still can source them for you, they are on the pricey side but are VERY bright!

K5 Optima Store - K5 Optima Store - 3,200 Lumen CREE LED Headlight/Fog Light Kit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just did all of the lights on my 2016 a couple of months ago.

I was a little bit concerned after reading some reviews about people that bought these kits off the internet so I went to my local auto parts store instead. I wound up going with 6000k LED fog lights, did the license plate, reverse lights, and all interiors (Map, Dome, Vanity, Glove, Trunk, and Floor lights. It is BRIGHT now, almost blinding. But it came out awesome and I love it. I have seen zero flickering and I did not instal a resistor.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wow! That's a world of difference in some locations! Looks great! Now, if we could upgrade our (would be) DRL's by the headlights easy enough, that would be awesome! (without swapping out to the Korean headlight version)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts