Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm not happy, and, neither will other owners be with KIA's reply, regarding my complaints and KIA's reply today. Sorry for a long post.....

I just received a call back from KIA regarding my case on these two issues. Their reply was 100 % negative to correcting either complaint. The rep. said the cooled seat was a design issue that took a while to resolve, and, was resolved in time for all built in September, 2013 going forward. She ( Sarah ) said KIA wanted to get the Cadenza to the US market fast, and, wouldn't delay that release while this was fixed. They said they have NO plans to offer modifications, or, change out seats, for any owner who bought before they changed the design.

As to the 'I Agree' screen; same negative response regarding any software update. The rep said that Cadenza is the only KIA with this requirement in order to view ANY monitor screen, and, that is because 'that's just the way Cadenza's system was designed'.

Again, she said that even with having numerous complaints about this, and, also about the cooled pass. seat, KIA has decided they will not offer any fix, and, will not fix the software even to move the 'I Agree' screen to only the navigation section like other KIA's.

She was polite, she was 'concerned with my opinion', and she was useless. Wow; for $42,000.00 you might hope for a better reply. Believe me, I talked with her at length and told her these issues need to be fixed, and, she assured me she and other reps have referred these to upper management. She did say that KIA would like to offer some kind of 'apology' gift like a free accessory, a free dinner somewhere, or maybe even make one car payment. Seriously. I told her I'd think about it and request something and she said she would honor it. As I only have a few thousand financed on this car, I guess a free payment would be worth more than a meal ( $140.00 per month). (I paid primarily cash, and only financed about 7K to get the dealer's additional discount at time of purchase, and plan to pay it off in the next month.) However, any one with a larger payment should know they will consider paying one if you complain loud enough ( GO FOR IT!!)

I asked her for the KIA president's address, and, she provided this:
Byung Mo Ahn, President
KIA Motors
P.O. Box 52410
Irvine, CA 92619

I will be writing him, and I would advise anyone else who feels this is pretty unfair to them, to do the very same.

If we do not speak out, we will never be heard. I've had two KIA's, and planned in two years to buy a K900 (Quoris). After this, I will not purchase again from KIA, and, also shared that with this rep and will share this with KIA's president.

The KIA Cadenza Preferred customer tel. no. is 855 542 7733 to file a complaint and open a case inquiry. They log it, check into it, and do call you back.

SO disappointed!! I hope others will contact them and voice their similar opinions!

thanks for letting me rant.....

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Dave H
Korean auto imports offers a package to update 2013 cadenza seats to include air, the upgrade is for both seats. I contacted them to ask if a package could be put together for the 2014 to upgrade just the passenger seat. haven't heard from back them on this yet but if I do will post on this site. The package for both front seats and the new switch panel sells for $795.95 and that includes import tax or charges.
I'm hoping they can come up with a package for $450.00 to $500.00 range to fit the 2014 cadenza. only real difference is the switch and only one seat package needed

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
I to am not happy with KIA, I've had 2 sedonas, a Borrego, a optima, and now the Cadenza. I trade every 2 years and would have most likely looked at the K900. Having second thoughts about kia. I'm not asking for a free up grade on the passenger seat , just a way for me to have it up graded and pay for that my self .
They already left to much off the cadenza, things which showed up on line and I thought I'd get. My fault should have looked in to car further before I bought it. The Korean model had things like
LED fogs
Front parking assist
cooled passenger seat( which even my optima had)
cooled glove box
rear console with storage bin and seat controls on arm rest
mood lighting
Etc.
Seems KIA left a lot off just to save a buck. I'd have spent the extra for what this car could have had and would have made this car another optima in sales.
Will the K900 be the same way? don't think I'll buy one to find out. Will look for some thing else.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gene,

You took the words from my mouth. I also had planned in two years to probably buy the K900. I also trade every two years; three years max. I had a fully loaded 2011 Optima with dual cooled seats, and, loved it. I watched the Cadenza for several months at my local dealer, and in September, decided they were through with any 'new' production issues, so went ahead and traded for the K7. Two weeks later, the dealer got the first SXLs with the cooled seat, leds, etc.; I was so not happy.
Based on this experience, I told my KIA rep today that I won't be returning for the K900 in two years because of the way they change options mid stream, and, won't do anything to help earlier purchasers. They make good to great cars at a very good price, but, this and their inability to provide support to the dealers for service help will kill the KIA brand;
FYI, I mentioned to the rep that a vendor was offering cooled seat kits, and, they said even KIA couldn't offer one per their engineers because the wiring, floor structure, and wiring harness would not accept adding it to the passenger seat.
I'm going to add Will's fog lights when they arrive, and, even though KIA says they can't do anything, or won't, I will let them make a car payment for me, which they offered as an 'apology'. I also intend to write the CEO, the Public Relations Director, and their CFO and inform them they've lost a repeat customer over these dumb things. As customers, we have no other recourse, so I intend to make a lot of noise at their corporate level. I have already been contacted by JD Powers, and Edmunds for a review of the car; I guess they got my email address somehow from the dealer. I have given detailed info on KIA's dumb moves to them, as well as positive comments. Told the KIA rep today this, and, she said she would refer it up the line. I will also put that in my letters to the execs. mentioned above.
All the KIA execs. are available via google; I'd suggest any of us with these concerns write them and let them know.

thanks for the same thoughts Gene!

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Yes I know about the limited seats

But quess what Kia will not even sell me one of the seats and a switch.
I was thinking about the K900 but that is out. KIA is leaving things out of that already, NO air ride.
After 5 KIA's this is my last. Kia needs to learn how to treat there customers if they want to move upscale. They sure don't act like an upscale company when it comes to looking out for the customer.
If that had been my only complaint I might skip over it,but so far everything I've called about it has been a sorry

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Post displeasure with kia on every forum and review site you can find by googling kia cadenza. maybe if they start getting some bad reviews on customer service they will start to listen

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No love or even caring, just a flat out to bad
agree with all Gene says; KIA has to quit installing different items on the same priced car without a way to properly install the missing items.

the only love I got was a $300.00 check from them as I stated in my first post; they offered to make a car payment; so anyone complaining might ask for the same thing. and, the check did clear.

am currently working with their preferred service department to get the software update for radio auto volume, gps, and whatever else it's supposed to fix; ridiculous that it takes them months to address a common issue. have told them this is a game changer so, no K900 unless they really clean up their act.

what a shame; I love driving the car and get tons of compliments; cannot beat the options for the price range.

it's like one company designs and builds incredibly nice and beautiful cars for a good price, and, some third world contractor is then hired to 'service' the customer AND the cars....NOT gonna work long in America, KIA!:(

I'll suggest it again; everybody complain to KIA including posting reviews; call 'em, write 'em, and then call and write 'em again.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dave h . Could you tell me specifically what to ask and tell them when I contact them . Thanks
Hi Bohen. well, if you are having any issues with your car such as you've read others are having, then list those and report it to the preferred customer KIA group 855 542 7733. That is, if your dealer hasn't or cannot figure out how to fix whatever is wrong.
If you call them with a complaint, ask to open a case, and they will do so. They will check with a KIA technical person and reply to you with what KIA can or will do to help you.
Even if they cannot help your problem; ask them for something to compensate you. Re read my posts and you'll see what I complained about and see that they offered my $ because they couldn't fix my complaints.
In my opinion, every one of us paying a Cadenza price should also be particular about fit and finish, noise, ride quality, paint, glass, options, etc., besides any software or computer issues.
Also, as Gene suggested and as I have also done, go to any car review site like Edmunds and post a review of the problems and also inform the KIA rep. you have posted a review on the web that is negative.
What specific problems or flaws do you have on your vehicle?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dave h. I have been unable to find anything specifically you please help me with this by telling me I put a call in this weekend expect to hear from them monday or tuesday to file complaint and I want to have all my ducks in a row

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dave h. such as issues with the audio and UV 0 and what is this about upload and things of that nature . I love my car but again that is everyone else there's issues that need to be addressed correctly and am asking for help in naming them. Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Glen . I will bring up about the paint err n and wood switch plates . Im still waiting for mine but am in sure if they will be correct. Any other issues about upload if so what and why do I always have to push agree on nav even if I only want to listen to radio

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dave h. I have been unable to find anything specifically you please help me with this by telling me I put a call in this weekend expect to hear from them monday or tuesday to file complaint and I want to have all my ducks in a row
Bohen,

I'm confused; if you are saying you can't find anything wrong or inferior on your vehicle, then why would you call KIA's Cadenza Preferred Customer complaint group? The purpose of the KIA complaint group is for those of us with complaints or problems on our cadenzas which are not repaired or able to be repaired by KIA dealer service departments.

For example: all of us who bought a cadenza have to press the ' I Agree' screen every time we start the car; no matter whether it is to see the radio screen, the sirius screen, the nav screen, or anything on that monitor screen. This is just dumb, so, that is a good example of something to tell KIA that you do not like. It should only appear when you select the Nav function.

If you don't have the complaints others have listed, then you do not have to call the KIA complaint center; it's not a requirement of ownership or anything like that; it's for those of us who feel their independent dealers cannot fix KIA problems.

Does this help clarify?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I want to make sure that my issues were valid and not just a waste of time do to my lack of understanding . I thank you for your advice and understand better now. Thanks again Dave H...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts