Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very disappointed with KIA regarding its Navigation update. On KIA's official web page it clearly states that updates are free as follows:

Welcome to Kia Navi, a free subscription service for your in-vehicle navigation updates. We know you live a busy life, and the last thing you need is an out-of-date navigation system that can’t keep up with the latest road developments . In addition to updating all roads and points of interest like new restaurants and banks, updated map software will always give you the estimated best route to your destination and save you time on unfamiliar routes.

Unfortunately this is an untrue statement or perhaps alternate truth.. I contacted KIA customer service and was then told that the updated SD card was available free, but i would have to pay the shipping cost of approx $50.00.
I was advised via email of the process to go through to get the "free" SD card as follows:

"Dear Mr. Browne

As mentioned earlier that your 2015 Cadenza is equipped with the 2nd generation of navigation system, the navigation update can be obtained by ordering the SD Card thru Mapnsoft and you only pay for the shipping fee.

Please follow the following steps to order the SD card with the update.

1- Create an account with Mapnsoft via: Kia Mapcare | Customer Login
2- Access to the website : Kia Canada partnership with Vancouver Whitecaps FC reveals special edition Sorento, click on here (on the 1st option) , then Skip (at the bottom of the page), and click here to access to the next screen.
3- On the right corner of the screen, select :Shipping Order Website
4- Access to your mapnsoft account to proceed with your purchase of the SD card

Thank you for your contact with Kia Canada.

Respectfully,

Tonu"

Now when i go through that process, it clearly states the SD card costs $30.00 plus shipping for a total of $80.00. You cannot navigate away from paying the $30.00.

So all in all, KIA and its reps are totally adverse to providing clear truth information to its customers. Some would call it disinformation; others would call it outright lying.

All i am asking for is for KIA to honour its written messages and statements and provide me with a free SD card as advertised on their web page

·
Registered
221 Posts
It seems the price changes with every new update. The last update was free but $25.00 for shipping within the U.S. I don't specifically recall both websites but one is where you ordered the update that worked and was like I said above, no option to download etc. Then there is another website that says you obtain any update for free via download but the link doesn't work, says it's still under construction. So, it seems your only option is the site that has been working historically but where you have to pay for shipping and also where the prices change with each update.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's still way better than the $200+ cost to update just about every other brand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While i cant speak for all brands, Subaru provides free updates for its navigation system

·
Registered
69 Posts
While i cant speak for all brands, Subaru provides free updates for its navigation system
I thought that you still had to buy the actual map update from a 3rd party? Subaru provides the firmware updates and the tools to load the 3rd party maps for free? Do I have that wrong? I've never had a Subaru, so I can only go on what I see online about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am very disappointed with KIA regarding its Navigation update. On KIA's official web page it clearly states that updates are free as follows:

Welcome to Kia Navi, a free subscription service for your in-vehicle navigation updates. We know you live a busy life, and the last thing you need is an out-of-date navigation system that can’t keep up with the latest road developments . In addition to updating all roads and points of interest like new restaurants and banks, updated map software will always give you the estimated best route to your destination and save you time on unfamiliar routes.

Unfortunately this is an untrue statement or perhaps alternate truth.. I contacted KIA customer service and was then told that the updated SD card was available free, but i would have to pay the shipping cost of approx $50.00.
I was advised via email of the process to go through to get the "free" SD card as follows:

"Dear Mr. Browne

As mentioned earlier that your 2015 Cadenza is equipped with the 2nd generation of navigation system, the navigation update can be obtained by ordering the SD Card thru Mapnsoft and you only pay for the shipping fee.

Please follow the following steps to order the SD card with the update.

1- Create an account with Mapnsoft via: Kia Mapcare | Customer Login
2- Access to the website : Kia Canada partnership with Vancouver Whitecaps FC reveals special edition Sorento, click on here (on the 1st option) , then Skip (at the bottom of the page), and click here to access to the next screen.
3- On the right corner of the screen, select :Shipping Order Website
4- Access to your mapnsoft account to proceed with your purchase of the SD card

Thank you for your contact with Kia Canada.

Respectfully,

Tonu"

Now when i go through that process, it clearly states the SD card costs $30.00 plus shipping for a total of $80.00. You cannot navigate away from paying the $30.00.

So all in all, KIA and its reps are totally adverse to providing clear truth information to its customers. Some would call it disinformation; others would call it outright lying.

All i am asking for is for KIA to honour its written messages and statements and provide me with a free SD card as advertised on their web page
Have you tried the free download option? I did the 2017 update downloading to my computer and then copying to a SD card and inserting in car. Worked fine but does require a 32 bg card you can buy at local store or on Amazon.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Cadenza premium
2 Posts
Have you tried the free download option? I did the 2017 update downloading to my computer and then copying to a SD card and inserting in car. Worked fine but does require a 32 bg card you can buy at local store or on Amazon.
That’s my plan, where do I find the download though?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts