Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to this forum and i have recently purchased a second hand Kia Cadenza 2012 K7 and i noticed that the steering wheel control for multimedia is not working. Cruise control is working.

The armrest in the backseat multimedia controls are working.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem.

·
Registered
746 Posts
The switch itself must be bad. only way to find out is to take it apart and replace it. I recall seeing a thread on that very topic. My volume control actually broke going up, it works going down. I'm still covered under extended warranty, just waiting on the next oil change to get that swapped. I couldn't tell you what that costs to replace if you didn't do it yourself...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome Toheed.

Most folks on the forum are from America and America's first Cadenza (K7) was a 2014 model.

That being said, some folks here have had an issue with the volume control on the steering wheel, including myself. In my case the volume up button would no longer work while the volume down function did still work. My entire switch assembly was replaced under warrantee. Our cars do not have back seat media controls.

If you do a search here on the site, you may find more threads related to your situation.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts