Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2014 cadenza and I do love it. There are a few issues that I would love to see resolved with a software update. Hopefully DRLs can be configured, hopefully the non radar cruise control can display the miles per hour you set your speed to. However a big one for me that I used to be able to do in my last two vehicles equipped with keyless entry (last vehicle was an Infiniti M35) was that while my engine was running I could lock the door from the outside. This way if say I wanted to keep the car warm and run in to a gas station or simply walk away from my car briefly I could. This needs to be fixed. Every other brand can do this Audi BMW even nissans can do this.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yup I was pretty upset about that

·
Registered
194 Posts
I hate how theres no remote start :/

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree Carz,

I don't want to put some after market crap on my car and would rather have something supported by Kia. I put a Viper remote start on my 1999 Acura and I love it!! We have been getting blasted by snow this year in Michigan and I haven't driven my Cadenza much but it sure is nice to have the Acura toasty when I get outside......

·
Registered
106 Posts
I agree Carz,

I don't want to put some after market crap on my car and would rather have something supported by Kia. I put a Viper remote start on my 1999 Acura and I love it!! We have been getting blasted by snow this year in Michigan and I haven't driven my Cadenza much but it sure is nice to have the Acura toasty when I get outside......
Kia offers a remote start, would have been covered under warranty if you had it installed time of purchase.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Kia Remote Start

Kia offers a remote start, would have been covered under warranty if you had it installed time of purchase.
I specifically asked the Kia dealer if they had a remote start option available at my time of purchase. (10/2013) I was told they did not and were still trying to work out the bugs of the push button start and remote start. If you are saying that your dealership offered a "Kia" branded remote start, do us all a favor and post that part number so I can go back to my dealership for more info.

Not looking for a third party remote start as there are all sorts of local companies ready to try that option for me. I am looking for a Kia "Cadenza" remote start option.

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I specifically asked the Kia dealer if they had a remote start option available at my time of purchase. (10/2013) I was told they did not and were still trying to work out the bugs of the push button start and remote start. If you are saying that your dealership offered a "Kia" branded remote start, do us all a favor and post that part number so I can go back to my dealership for more info.

Not looking for a third party remote start as there are all sorts of local companies ready to try that option for me. I am looking for a Kia "Cadenza" remote start option.

Thanks
You may be correct, I didn't dig deep in it. As I wasn't interested in having a second fob for remote start. However I'm sure they would just hide a key inside of the vehicle like they would do any other remote start.

Would pose some logistics problems with the locking mechanism, nothing too difficult I don't imagine.

For $43,000 though the car is packed full of options. Not having remote start is a minor set back.

·
Registered
62 Posts
43 k?

You may be correct, I didn't dig deep in it. As I wasn't interested in having a second fob for remote start. However I'm sure they would just hide a key inside of the vehicle like they would do any other remote start.

Would pose some logistics problems with the locking mechanism, nothing too difficult I don't imagine.

For $43,000 though the car is packed full of options. Not having remote start is a minor set back.
If you paid anywhere near $43k, they should cover your surgery to stitch you up. Heck I paid $36k and I am feeling a little sore......

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you paid anywhere near $43k, they should cover your surgery to stitch you up. Heck I paid $36k and I am feeling a little sore......
http://www.cadenzaforum.com/forum/kia-cadenza-dealers-pricing/1145-baltimore-md-35-000-tech-package.html

That's just cray cray. All though they're selling around 39 now that people are learning what they are. They were just giving good deals to get the cars on the road. Even though the base model of the car is a waste of money and time, plenty of better cars you can get for the money. I didn't mind paying base sticker for a fully loaded automobile.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hey guys, I work for KIA in Houston and I can tell you that the module for remote start is still about 5 months our from being available... price is looking like 650 installed
Thanks for the update. That is a $650 hit I will just bend over and take. Remote start is a must for me but I want it done by the dealer and under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
Thanks for the update. That is a $650 hit I will just bend over and take. Remote start is a must for me but I want it done by the dealer and under warranty.

You're now better off buying the CANBUS system from @K5OptimaStore... you'll have to DIY wire or find a local shop to do it but it gives much more to offer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beeswax,
is there any update on when the factory module will be available. I saw the CANBUS module but I am really only concerned about the start option and would prefer something more plug and play

1 - 15 of 15 Posts