Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were experimenting and I started the car and took the key fob with me. A friend of mine was able to drive around the block. How long can this go on?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Yea, I truly wish that Kia implemented a gear lock mechanism. The car knows when the kia is not in the vehicle but will still allow you to drive it. Weird right. Same on my Optima.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't think it's a matter of not caring… the car warns you when you leave the car running and walk away with the key. My prior Acuras with keyless fob did the same thing. A friend's CTS let her get about 30 minutes from home without the key in her purse and stranded her after she turned off the car. It's not a KIA thing. It would seem a reasonable solution to auto-lock the gear shift lever when the key is not in the car though.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I don't think it's a matter of not caring… the car warns you when you leave the car running and walk away with the key. My prior Acuras with keyless fob did the same thing. A friend's CTS let her get about 30 minutes from home without the key in her purse and stranded her after she turned off the car. It's not a KIA thing. It would seem a reasonable solution to auto-lock the gear shift lever when the key is not in the car though.
This is what I think he meant when he said boo on them for not caring. They should have implemented a gear shifter lock if the key is not present. Even the new K900 can be driven away without the key. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
This technically could be a feature, say not leaving the key w/ your valet and giving it back to them when they want to go get your car. point is, you have to be in the car to start it with your key.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts