Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone!

My biggest annoyance with my Cadenza is the button on the back of the fob being pressed and the black fob separating from the key. This happens to me regularly and I am afraid the black part is going to fall and break.

Has anybody found a good solution to this problem? I have seen some fob cases online but they look bulky and cheap.

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
My fob has done fallen on the ground a number of times and while it's pretty beaten up, it has not actually broken (yet).

At one point K5OptimaStore had new cases for sale (or maybe they were full fobs), and I was hoping they would get more in so I could buy a new casing, but even if you call the Preferred line they say "the keys function as intended" but then apologize for the inconvenience.

Seeing as I have only used the key once to lock my glove box, I just put a small dab of gorilla glue to hold the key in the fob, if I ever need the key, a firm tug on the fob will break the glues bond and release the key (I tested this), but the fob doesn't fly off when I pull my keys out of my pocket anymore.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
We do have (1) brand new remote in stock here now, just do not have the blank key with it.

If anyone is interested in buying the one we have, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Much much cheaper than the dealer would sell them for, and brand new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not pretty but it works.
My fob and key were separating too.
I got two small zip ties tied on long ways and then the other sideways really tight cut off the excess flush and works very well! If you need the key just pull off the top tie and move the long ways one to the side and there you go.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just curious if those of you having problems with the key and fob separating... do you carry your fob on a key ring with other keys or just carry the fob on its own in your pocket? I don't carry keys on my fob and always have it in my pocket. In 2 years, I've never had the key accidentally come off of the fob.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Just curious if those of you having problems with the key and fob separating... do you carry your fob on a key ring with other keys or just carry the fob on its own in your pocket? I don't carry keys on my fob and always have it in my pocket. In 2 years, I've never had the key accidentally come off of the fob.
I have 6 keys and 3 different car fobs on my key ring. I feel like a janitor. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have never had a need to take the Fob out of my pocket, so I have never had a problem. Why would one take the Fob out of your pocket?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have never had a need to take the Fob out of my pocket, so I have never had a problem. Why would one take the Fob out of your pocket?
I have a Kroger card on mine (grocery store) and I swipe it to earn points to get money off gas at Shell :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts