Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed, or have a factory K7 badge on their trunk?

I'm getting ready to remove the Cadenza badge and place my fancy new K7 badge, but I want to make sure it goes on in the right spot.

Can someone measure their distances for me?

From Top of Trunk, From Bottom of Trunk, From Left of Trunk and From Right of Trunk?

Also, if you run the 3.3 GDI badge, what's your positioning on that one? I don't have it yet, but it is somewhere in the mail.

Thanks!
-Scynthyace

·
Registered
123 Posts
After looking at different Kia placements I would go with K7 in place of the "Cadenza" logo and 3.3 GDI on the passenger side. Just make them similar in placement to the center point of the Cadenza letters or measure to the "d."

That's what I'm doing with I have mine back from the body shop; I'm having them leave off the "Cadenza" letters.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
After looking at different Kia placements I would go with K7 in place of the "Cadenza" logo and 3.3 GDI on the passenger side. Just make them similar in placement to the center point of the Cadenza letters or measure to the "d."

That's what I'm doing with I have mine back from the body shop; I'm having them leave off the "Cadenza" letters.
I agree, this is what I would do as well.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Hey guys, I know its a different car but on the Optima forums, they have had same question. Theres no right or wrong way to do it but heres the link to the thread and look at posts 22 and 24 and that method could help in aligning the emblem. Also use the foam that the emblem comes with to your advantage. It will hold both parts of the emblem. Hope that helps some.

[ALL] : K5 Trunk Emblem Alignment?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys, I know its a different car but on the Optima forums, they have had same question. Theres no right or wrong way to do it but heres the link to the thread and look at posts 22 and 24 and that method could help in aligning the emblem. Also use the foam that the emblem comes with to your advantage. It will hold both parts of the emblem. Hope that helps some.

[ALL] : K5 Trunk Emblem Alignment?
Thanks for that link Eric! Those are some great ideas on positioning. I'll have to try it this weekend. Now that snow is gone, I can finally do some work to the new car! :)

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice work! Looking good indeed. If you don't mind, could you post up a picture or two from farther back in our emblem thread here on the forum?

That way it helps others to see what the red emblems look like on the SWP Cadenza. :D
Most definitely. I'll be washing her after work tomorrow and I'll get some better pictures. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts