Kia Cadenza Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Just installed one in a 2015. Everything works except the remote start. Called K05 multiple times.
LOL Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your order with us. When calling here, we are a very small company, with just 1 person handling the phones.

If you call, you need to leave us a message, as we get anywhere between 75-100 calls a day.

We always try and call back missed calls, but don't always have the time to be able to.

I just returned the last voicemail that was left for us here, so you must not have left one yet.

Also, keep in mind that we are on the West Coast, PST. So we don't open here until about 1:30-2:00pm EST.

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your order with us. When calling here, we are a very small company, with just 1 person handling the phones.

If you call, you need to leave us a message, as we get anywhere between 75-100 calls a day.

We always try and call back missed calls, but don't always have the time to be able to.

I just returned the last voicemail that was left for us here, so you must not have left one yet.

Also, keep in mind that we are on the West Coast, PST. So we don't open here until about 1:30-2:00pm EST.

I sent the email with the description over. Let me know what they say. Thanks

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
It was nice talking with you on the phone. Got your email and sent it over, will get back to you shortly.

Have a great weekend.
I've noticed quite a few are posting that remote start doesn't work. ebentz30 PM'd me about my write up being off when it came to one of the pin connectors. That led me to compare the wiring diagram I used to the latest one on the website. There are some changes on the new one that lead me to believe that the current wiring diagram may be off.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've noticed quite a few are posting that remote start doesn't work. ebentz30 PM'd me about my write up being off when it came to one of the pin connectors. That led me to compare the wiring diagram I used to the latest one on the website. There are some changes on the new one that lead me to believe that the current wiring diagram may be off.
Not sure I fully understand what you mean.

About 2 weeks ago, we updated the wiring diagram on the site with a newer one from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Not sure I fully understand what you mean.

About 2 weeks ago, we updated the wiring diagram on the site with a newer one from the manufacturer.
I'm confused too. I have an archived wiring diagram that I used to do my install - and that was then the 15.2.1 diagram. I'm going to call that "Diagram A"

When I look at the current 15.2.1 diagram, it's different than the one I used. I'll call that Diagram B.

Then there's the 16.1.1. Wiring Digram - I'll call that "Diagram C"

All of these are for the 14-16 Cadenza.

As an example, and maybe relevant to the remote start not working:

The pin called "Start" coming from the module. Diagram A has it going to pin 19 on I/P-F (how I wired); Diagram B has it going to Pin 29 on EM-11, and Diagram C has it going to Pin 14 on I/P-A.

Pin 19 I/P-F: Fuse - Start - PCM
Pin 29 EM-11: Wiring Diagram shows the connector, but doesn't describe functions
Pin 14 I/P-A: Start - Smart Key Control Module

Looking at the Start module wiring diagram, I see that the I/P-F and I/P-A are on opposite sides of the fuse, so should be fine.

It's similar with the "ISO" connection.
Diagram A - Pin 22 EM31
Diagram B - Pin 11 EM11
Diagram C - Pin 52 MF11

On Diagram C, what was called "Bluelink and UVO" in Diagrams A and B is now called "Door Control"

There's others, one of which confusing to me is Diagram B has a relay in the diagram - I never installed a relay. It's all confusing, lots of changes.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm confused too. I have an archived wiring diagram that I used to do my install - and that was then the 15.2.1 diagram. I'm going to call that "Diagram A"

When I look at the current 15.2.1 diagram, it's different than the one I used. I'll call that Diagram B.

Then there's the 16.1.1. Wiring Digram - I'll call that "Diagram C"

All of these are for the 14-16 Cadenza.

As an example, and maybe relevant to the remote start not working:

The pin called "Start" coming from the module. Diagram A has it going to pin 19 on I/P-F (how I wired); Diagram B has it going to Pin 29 on EM-11, and Diagram C has it going to Pin 14 on I/P-A.

Pin 19 I/P-F: Fuse - Start - PCM
Pin 29 EM-11: Wiring Diagram shows the connector, but doesn't describe functions
Pin 14 I/P-A: Start - Smart Key Control Module

Looking at the Start module wiring diagram, I see that the I/P-F and I/P-A are on opposite sides of the fuse, so should be fine.

It's similar with the "ISO" connection.
Diagram A - Pin 22 EM31
Diagram B - Pin 11 EM11
Diagram C - Pin 52 MF11

On Diagram C, what was called "Bluelink and UVO" in Diagrams A and B is now called "Door Control"

There's others, one of which confusing to me is Diagram B has a relay in the diagram - I never installed a relay. It's all confusing, lots of changes.
The newest diagram under 16.1.1 is the correct one. Our web guy just didn't realize he needed to update all 3 versions. (Which should be fixed today)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Can you ask the manufacturer what has changed? I never hooked up the "Blulink UVO" before. Now that it's called "Door Control," did something change? I've always accepted that after a remote start, the ONLY way to unlock the door is by pressing the key fob (door handle button does nothing). I this fixes that, would be good to know.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Can you ask the manufacturer what has changed? I never hooked up the "Blulink UVO" before. Now that it's called "Door Control," did something change? I've always accepted that after a remote start, the ONLY way to unlock the door is by pressing the key fob (door handle button does nothing). I this fixes that, would be good to know.
Nothing changed from what I understand. We just had put up the wrong diagram apparently, as the 2014-2016 Cadenza does NOT require a dedicated relay or diode, like the diagram had shown.

I will post up any changes once I confirm with the manufacturer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After some troubleshooting and some input from the manufacturing company. The remote started is working. It was the ISO wire. The ISO green needs to go to pin 22 which is a pink wire on mine also on connector EM 31.

Yooshaw. The door control wire actually allows you to unlock the door with the smart button when it is remotely started. You just have to push the button 2 times.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
After some troubleshooting and some input from the manufacturing company. The remote started is working. It was the ISO wire. The ISO green needs to go to pin 22 which is a pink wire on mine also on connector EM 31.

Yooshaw. The door control wire actually allows you to unlock the door with the smart button when it is remotely started. You just have to push the button 2 times.
Good info, thanks. Never thought to push the button twice, I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If anyone in the New England area wants one installed The guys at my local shop in Connecticut will be able to put them in with no problems. They can be reached at hifiauto.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone in the Austin, TX area would like to give this a shot, for me? LOL.
I'm in a 17 Cadenza Tech. I'm subtly hoping Yoo would agree to it for fee $$$$

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Where to find this protection tool?
I got the shock sensor installed today and it works great! For $2.99 from E-bay, I can't complain at all. The idea is when the car is parked and locked, if a shock it detected, the module will turn on the headlights for a programmable time (12-30 sec).

Also, when you return to the car and unlock and open the door, the car will lock and unlock the door quickly, indicating to you that a shock sensor event occurred while you were away.

The shock sensor has a sensitivity adjustment, and I have it set to max right now as I evaluate it.

Video in action:

Some notes on functionality:

- You can program the module to either turn on the high beam (default) or fog lights. However, I could not get this to work. It only turns on the low beam no matter this setting.

- The lights only turn on at night, meaning it seems to use the Auto headlight setting as it's trigger to turn on the lights. However, in the day, when a shock is detected, you can hear the car come "on." I hear the fuel pump come on. This only lasts about 5 seconds. The hazards also flash at the end of the time period, like in the video above. I'm not sure if this is tied to me having my headlight on Auto all the time.

This is the shock sensor I got from e-bay, for those interested. It came from China, so be prepared to wait if you get this one.
Car Shake Shock Sensor For GPS Vehicle Tracker TK106C GPS106B GPS106A GPS103B+

For the price, well worth it. Took me about 20 minutes to install, but would install faster if you put it in at the same time you install the module.
:)

121 - 137 of 137 Posts