Kia Cadenza Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
After 4 months having issues with mine. 2 months ago it stopped working all together. I had to unplug all the connectors and plug them back in again and then reprogram the functions that I use. Today I walked past the car and the doors unlocked and mirrors unfolded like normal. Left the garage to move snow and when I came back in I noticed the mirrors were still unfolded. Sure enough, once again the module quit working. I unplugged all the connectors and plugged them back in and went through the programing process again. I like having the sunroof/blind close when I exit the car and blind open when I start the engine. Now none of the sunroof/blind functions work and they did prior to this happening. I've verified the wiring more than once and the sunroof and blind function manually. I'm thinking since this has happened before and the way to resolve it requires disconnecting power to the module and now the sunroof functions (yes they are enabled) no longer work that the module itself is defective and will have to contact support to get it replaced under warranty.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but wanted to post here just in case.

Dave
If you're having trouble with the module you can always email us or call for trouble shooting! [email protected]

Although we provide a DIY installation guide we do strongly recommend professional installation due to the complexity of the install

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you're having trouble with the module you can always email us or call for trouble shooting! [email protected]

Although we provide a DIY installation guide we do strongly recommend professional installation due to the complexity of the install

Paul, it's been installed for 4 months and installed correctly. Yes it's a complex install, but it's been working for 4 months aside from the first time I had to remove power 2 months ago and as of now sunroof functionality has stopped working all together.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, I received an email right away and was told that due to the complexity of the can bus mod, you do not offer "phone" support. The email I sent was forwarded off to the "manufacture" and they said performing a "hard" reset would resolve the issue which it didn't. I verified that the diode wasn't defective (current still only flows one direction) and did a continuity test on the wiring harness for the sunroof and proved that it isn't the issue either. Waiting for another response from the "manufacture"

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes, I received an email right away and was told that due to the complexity of the can bus mod, you do not offer "phone" support. The email I sent was forwarded off to the "manufacture" and they said performing a "hard" reset would resolve the issue which it didn't. I verified that the diode wasn't defective (current still only flows one direction) and did a continuity test on the wiring harness for the sunroof and proved that it isn't the issue either. Waiting for another response from the "manufacture"

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,

Thanks for your patience!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally got my K5OS CANBUS Control Module installed. Of course had to same problem with the incorrect switch diagram. Took the 8 switch diagram to the installer. Everything seems to be working now except the remote start. It attempts to start but doesn't. As the directions says; it fails then attempts to start three times after the first failure. The installers & K5 sent emails back and forth throughout the day but couldn't figure it out before i picked the car up. I've turned on a few of the other functions since i've picked it up. So it seems that's it's only the remote start.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Finally got my K5OS CANBUS Control Module installed. Of course had to same problem with the incorrect switch diagram. Took the 8 switch diagram to the installer. Everything seems to be working now except the remote start. It attempts to start but doesn't. As the directions says; it fails then attempts to start three times after the first failure. The installers & K5 sent emails back and forth throughout the day but couldn't figure it out before i picked the car up. I've turned on a few of the other functions since i've picked it up. So it seems that's it's only the remote start.
What year is yours? It seems no one with a 2015 has a correctly working module.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What year is yours? It seems no one with a 2015 has a correctly working module.
2014 and their are definitely things that change through the course of a year when the are producing cars. Prime example: in 2014 Kia supposedly switched from Chrome plated rims to PVD per the dealership where I bought the car.... Low and behold.... mine are Chrome and pealing.... :|

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

Have your installer check the wiring to the start button. The wiring diagram (at least for me) has the wire colors backwards. Wiring to the pin location (not wire color) is key.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have your installer check the wiring to the start button. The wiring diagram (at least for me) has the wire colors backwards. Wiring to the pin location (not wire color) is key.
Yes, unfortunately wire colors change all the time and is not the best indicator for tapping and installations. PIN identification is best or use a volt meter to know you're tapping into the correct wire.

·
Registered
30 Posts
According to my installer, he did not follow the color but used the pin count. I'm going to have him go through it again because everything else (proximity lock/unlock, sun roof, etc. etc.) works just fine..... Though the remote start isn't working, I'm still loving all the other features. .... I'm sure we'll figure it out.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
A quick example of my shock sensor from tonight (details in post #77 : Kia Cadenza Forum - View Single Post - K5OS CANBUS Control Module Install)

When we got done with dinner, came back to the car and the locks and folded mirrors locked and unlocked quickly, letting me know that there was shock event. Did a quick scan around the car and everything looked fine. Got home, and reviewed my Dashcam footage to see if I could tell what happned. Sure enough...

https://youtu.be/_rl8_4uKo-g

So, that's pretty sensitive! Like it though, when I get back to the car and I've had an event, can quickly scan the car to see if there is an issue before leaving.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
So does your dash cam run constantly?
No, it's hooked up to a battery discharge prevention module that has a switch to allow recording when parked. The module also has a timer and will turn off if it goes below a set voltage to prevent the car battery from going flat. I only turn it on when parking in public.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I took a look at this and got to the part about accessing the starter button for remote start. That looks incredibly not fun, especially to do this in the sun in NC when its 80 out.

Tint will be first on the list of expensive mods for me, maybe then I will consider this mod.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I recently asked this question on the site but Ill probably take the plunge and purchase one of the modules in the spring, do they come with all the wiring needed or do I need some extension wiring?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I recently asked this question on the site but Ill probably take the plunge and purchase one of the modules in the spring, do they come with all the wiring needed or do I need some extension wiring?
It comes with what you need - in fact, you'll end up cutting most wires because they are too long.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts