Kia Cadenza Forum banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Canbus module installed! Pretty awesome, I should have done it a long time ago. I only had one issue with the sunroof and it was because of the connection to the white wire in the a-pillar. I used the same wire with the writing and ended up having to switch the connection to the other white wire. Once I did that then all the functions for the sunroof worked.

Without your write-up Yooshaw, the instillation would have taken even longer so thank you!

Congrats, glad it helped!

·
Registered
18 Posts
remote start works now, but won't unlock when the door handle button is pushed. you have to push the trunk button on the remote, then everything opens and the remote start shuts off. fun times...not!

·
Registered
543 Posts
remote start works now, but won't unlock when the door handle button is pushed. you have to push the trunk button on the remote, then everything opens and the remote start shuts off. fun times...not!
That's most likely because the shop has something wired up incorrectly in one place. We emailed them some things to test out earlier this week to help them figure out which wire is not connected right, but never ended up hearing back from them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
actually everything was wired exactly to the diagram. the remote start started working when they followed the instructions given to them by the manufacturer (NOT part of the original diagram). in short, that means all same-model-year-vehicles are not created equal and when the canbus is installed there may be some "tweaks" that have to be done in order for it to work if you are an unlucky individual with a vehicle that is different from all the others. let's be clear, the installers did what they were told and wired correctly...the problem arose because my vehicle is not like all the others. unforeseen tweaks (as Yooshaw had to do with his vehicle...technically he also wired it incorrectly because he had to do something different than the diagram indicated....BUT, it would not have worked had he followed it to a T) may be required.

·
Registered
543 Posts
actually everything was wired exactly to the diagram. the remote start started working when they followed the instructions given to them by the manufacturer (NOT part of the original diagram). in short, that means all same-model-year-vehicles are not created equal and when the canbus is installed there may be some "tweaks" that have to be done in order for it to work if you are an unlucky individual with a vehicle that is different from all the others. let's be clear, the installers did what they were told and wired correctly...the problem arose because my vehicle is not like all the others. unforeseen tweaks (as Yooshaw had to do with his vehicle...technically he also wired it incorrectly because he had to do something different than the diagram indicated....BUT, it would not have worked had he followed it to a T) may be required.
With all due respect sir, I will agree to disagree with you. Since you DID NOT do the install yourself, you really cannot comment on whether the installers you brought your car to wired everything exactly to the wiring diagram correctly. We are all human and sometimes can make mistakes from time to time. Regardless of whether they made a mistake, or the wiring diagram is wrong, or your car is different than all of the others, the issue can easily be resolved with a bit more troubleshooting which we are always willing to do. At this time we are just waiting to hear back on a response from the installers on the tests that the manufacturer provided them in order to figure out where the issue can be.

·
Registered
33 Posts
http://youtu.be/PNXKhdW04JQ

The other feature I like is the module will close the sunroof cover if open when you stop the engine and open the door. You can also program it to open the cover when the car starts.
The two functions I use the most are the remote start and auto door lock/unlock. Actually love the auto lock/unlock, don't have to worry about locking the car, just walk away and it locks itself.
This is some awesome stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm curious. If we use passive entry / exit lock unlock will the easy exit and easy entry seat still work?

IE will the seat and steering wheel still go all the way back when you turn off the car and will the seat and steering wheel return to proper position when you start the car?

·
Registered
79 Posts
After 4 months having issues with mine. 2 months ago it stopped working all together. I had to unplug all the connectors and plug them back in again and then reprogram the functions that I use. Today I walked past the car and the doors unlocked and mirrors unfolded like normal. Left the garage to move snow and when I came back in I noticed the mirrors were still unfolded. Sure enough, once again the module quit working. I unplugged all the connectors and plugged them back in and went through the programing process again. I like having the sunroof/blind close when I exit the car and blind open when I start the engine. Now none of the sunroof/blind functions work and they did prior to this happening. I've verified the wiring more than once and the sunroof and blind function manually. I'm thinking since this has happened before and the way to resolve it requires disconnecting power to the module and now the sunroof functions (yes they are enabled) no longer work that the module itself is defective and will have to contact support to get it replaced under warranty.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but wanted to post here just in case.

Dave

·
Registered
33 Posts
After 4 months having issues with mine. 2 months ago it stopped working all together. I had to unplug all the connectors and plug them back in again and then reprogram the functions that I use. Today I walked past the car and the doors unlocked and mirrors unfolded like normal. Left the garage to move snow and when I came back in I noticed the mirrors were still unfolded. Sure enough, once again the module quit working. I unplugged all the connectors and plugged them back in and went through the programing process again. I like having the sunroof/blind close when I exit the car and blind open when I start the engine. Now none of the sunroof/blind functions work and they did prior to this happening. I've verified the wiring more than once and the sunroof and blind function manually. I'm thinking since this has happened before and the way to resolve it requires disconnecting power to the module and now the sunroof functions (yes they are enabled) no longer work that the module itself is defective and will have to contact support to get it replaced under warranty.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but wanted to post here just in case.

Dave
I was about to purchase one, so thank you for your feedback. I will wait until they come out with better instructions and perhaps a version 2.0

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was about to purchase one, so thank you for your feedback. I will wait until they come out with better instructions and perhaps a version 2.0

No problem. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome while it's working and installing was kind of a pain even for me, but with that said I haven't heard of many others having issues with theirs. I'm just hoping I don't have to jump through hoops trying to get it replaced. Not having it 100% functional however isn't acceptable.

Dave

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
No problem. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome while it's working and installing was kind of a pain even for me, but with that said I haven't heard of many others having issues with theirs. I'm just hoping I don't have to jump through hoops trying to get it replaced. Not having it 100% functional however isn't acceptable.

Dave
Sorry to hear your problems. Just curios, you mentioned plugging and unplugging the module to reset it, but did you try the reset code (0911 I think)? Maybe worth a try.

My wife found a new bug. If you exit the car, close the door, and then open the rear door (like when unbuckling a childseat) with the key fob in the car, the car will lock with the key in after closing the door.

Got a panicked call that the car was locked with the FOB inside. Was in a meeting, and she had to wait an hour until I could remind her how to open the car using button presses. Was able to verify the bug later at home.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems. Just curios, you mentioned plugging and unplugging the module to reset it, but did you try the reset code (0911 I think)? Maybe worth a try.

My wife found a new bug. If you exit the car, close the door, and then open the rear door (like when unbuckling a childseat) with the key fob in the car, the car will lock with the key in after closing the door.

Got a panicked call that the car was locked with the FOB inside. Was in a meeting, and she had to wait an hour until I could remind her how to open the car using button presses. Was a le to verify the bug later at home.
Yeah that was the first thing I tried, but the "smart button" doesn't give a response "beep" like it normally would.

I'll have to remember that. I usually keep the key fob in my pocket however my son has left it in the center console after driving it before.

·
Registered
79 Posts
So since this is really bugging me I went out and tried 0911 to see if maybe there was some code "stuck" after removing power if that was even possible. After issuing 0911 the module is completely unresponsive. No beeps, no reaction to the smart button, nothing. I had to remove power again. Then when trying to go through initial setup after applying power, beeps once, beeps twice, beeps three times. Start the car, wait for idle below 1000rpm and quickly push the smart button. The module is supposed to power off the engine and it doesn't.

Also interesting, I can open/close the sunroof via interior buttons while the car isn't running and the key fob is no where near the car. This should not be possible while the car is "off". Unplug the sunroof connection to the module and the sunroof no longer operates with the car in the "off" position.

Being that this worked perfectly for 2 months, and then another 2 months after resetting power and the fact that the connections are all soldered and taped, I find it very hard to believe to be anything other than a bad module as unstable as it is.
Hopefully someone from reads this post and shares it with their tech support prior me to contacting them directly so I don't have to go down the "it's a wiring problem path"...

Dave

81 - 100 of 137 Posts