Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Glad I found this forum. Just recently purchased a 2015 Cadenza & I'm gonna be doing a little customizing to it soon and I will add photos.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice, congrats! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello. Glad I found this forum. Just recently purchased a 2015 Cadenza & I'm gonna be doing a little customizing to it soon and I will add photos.
Glad you're here, can't wait to see what you do with yours. I've had fun customizing mine. I think the fun comes from the fact that the Cadenza really doesn't have a lot available for it and yet, it has so much potential.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you're here, can't wait to see what you do with yours. I've had fun customizing mine. I think the fun comes from the fact that the Cadenza really doesn't have a lot available for it and yet, it has so much potential.
I have kind of an idea of what I want to do and did some VERY unprofessional edits with my phone but you can kinda get the idea of what I'm thinking. I did a few before & after mods.
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pretty good looking ideas! My personal input would be to go no larger than 19" rims. They are already harsh enough with the low profile tires. I've seen guys on here that have had 20's and 21's and they look good, but I'm sure regretted it soon after because of how harsh impacts were with those super short sidewalls. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Kia-Driver

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've bent rims several times with my 19's. I bent the stock rim, then looked at getting a replacement. Discovered I could get a whole set from Discount Tire for not much more than one wheel from Kia, so I did. I've bent one of them as well, but found a local wheel straightener that charges $125.

I would definitely not want to go larger than 19" unless I had flawless pavement around me (which I definitely don't).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok guys......another ghetto rendering of ideas for my car that I did on my phone.....lol.
What do you guys think of these two possibilities? Those wheels are the actual wheels that I'm thinking of putting on my car. My friend has these for sale, 18". He sent me a pic that was at an angle so I cut them out of his photo and put them on this rendering so I know they look weird & warped. I think you get the idea though. My wife likes the red outline on the bottom but I think it may be doing a little too much for my taste but it does look good....imo. I prefer the plain black skirting (
or whatever you call it). mdwash33......man your car looks great! Really sporty look......and you're right it's kinda hard finding custom 2015 Cadenza parts anywhere.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Those wheels look pretty nice. Sorta like the original ones that came with the 2014 Cadenza's but sharper. If you buy those it looks like you'll need new rubber. The red line is minimal so I think it looks good either way. Depending on your montra, sometimes it's happy wife, happy life...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok guys......another ghetto rendering of ideas for my car that I did on my phone.....lol.
What do you guys think of these two possibilities? Those wheels are the actual wheels that I'm thinking of putting on my car. My friend has these for sale, 18". He sent me a pic that was at an angle so I cut them out of his photo and put them on this rendering so I know they look weird & warped. I think you get the idea though. My wife likes the red outline on the bottom but I think it may be doing a little too much for my taste but it does look good....imo. I prefer the plain black skirting (
or whatever you call it). mdwash33......man your car looks great! Really sporty look......and you're right it's kinda hard finding custom 2015 Cadenza parts anywhere. View attachment 7808
View attachment 7810
or whatever you call it). mdwash33......man your car looks great! Really sporty look......and you're right it's kinda hard finding custom 2015 Cadenza parts anywhere. View attachment 7808
View attachment 7810
View attachment 7810
Those wheels do look nice. The tires definitely look small, you'll need some new rubber for sure. The nice thing is going with 18's your ride should stay the same. I prefer the ride with the 19's I got (the Limited comes with 19's as well...I believe). I actually plan on stepping up to 20's and keep the 19's for the winter months. Personally, I like that red stripe at the bottom of yours (maybe I'm just biased). It's a subtle detail and doesn't jump out at you. One thing I've found, you have to be a little creative in your approach to modify a Cadenza. Keep us posted on your progress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts