Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Cadenza Limited from the dealership and the trunk won't open. The car actually thinks that the trunk is open, and I guess that's why it won't actuate the release. But, the trunk is in fact closed. One of the guys at the dealership was trying to reach the release inside of the trunk, but he wasn't able to. They said to bring it to the service dept in the morning, but I want it open now!!!!!:D

Anybody have any ideas for me? I did check the valet switch in the glove compartment, that's not it. The trunk actually did open once for me at the dealership.

Thank you

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have you tried to use the key to see if that would open it? I haven't used the key for mine, but I believe there is a key release to the left of the license plate up near the camera.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you haven't already tried this..... push down on the trunk while actuating the switch beneath the trunk handle or the switch on the key fob. That may help signal to the cpu that the trunk is closed (had to do this on my 1988 Celica, of course, no cpu back then.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, it's fixed. The good news is that it was a simple fix. I guess when the salesman closed the trunk after putting the license plate on, he closed it enough for it to latch, but it really wasn't closed. So, I pushed down on it and heard it click. All is well now. Thank you.

Now that that's out of the way, I am the proud new owner of a Snow White Pearl Cadenza Limited. It's an awesome car!

·
Registered
78 Posts
OK, it's fixed. The good news is that it was a simple fix. I guess when the salesman closed the trunk after putting the license plate on, he closed it enough for it to latch, but it really wasn't closed. So, I pushed down on it and heard it click. All is well now. Thank you.

Now that that's out of the way, I am the proud new owner of a Snow White Pearl Cadenza Limited. It's an awesome car!

Glad to see that you got it fixed!!!

Also, to all if you didn't know, under the Hood and Trunk, are black knobs that you can twist to make longer or shorter. This is so that you can adjust the tightness of the hood or trunk when it is closed to help line it up if its off to sit tighter :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Glad to see that you got it fixed!!!

Also, to all if you didn't know, under the Hood and Trunk, are black knobs that you can twist to make longer or shorter. This is so that you can adjust the tightness of the hood or trunk when it is closed to help line it up if its off to sit tighter :)
I did not know that! Thanks.

Congrats on the car, it is a beautiful car! I love mine!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,
We just purchased a Cadenza over the weekend. Last night, I opened the trunk to look for a bag my husband may have left there. I used the fob to open the trunk, didn't see the bag and closed the trunk. Today, he couldn't open it and was FURIOUS! He called the dealership and they were UNABLE TO HELP HIM. They had him make a service appointment (which made him even more upset). When he got home from work, I tried to open the trunk via the fob - no luck. I tried via the switch on the drivers side door - no luck. I tried via the button under the trunk near the license plate - no luck. I opened the glove box and made sure that the valet trunk switch was set to ON/ALLOW - the fob wouldn't work. So, I set the valet trunk switch to OFF, tried the fob and it started working again. According to the internet, when I closed the trunk for the first time, I didn't close it hard enough so the CPU thought the trunk was still open (which was why the fob did not open the trunk when depressed for 2 seconds). If yours ever acts up, try the valet switch (change it from whatever setting its on to the opposite, try the fob and if it doesn't work, try the opposite and guaranteed, you'll be all set)! Wife to the rescue again!!!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I just took my trunk off... problem solved. ;P

Glad you got it fixed. Welcome to the family! If you have questions or are looking for resources, you've found the place!

Only some of us bite.... but I wont tell you who.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trunk

This just happened to me and couldn't believe all it was was the valet button I had accidentally hit in the glove box. Glad it was a 2 second fix!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts