Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first post on the forum.

I recently just bought my first car, I am 18, I decided to buy a used 2014 Cadenza SXL with 27k miles on it. So far its been great and I am so happy that I decided to buy the car. If there is anything I should know about the car or any advice would be great.

Thank You so much!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
congratulations on your first car and that feeling of pride it brings. you chose a very good car in many ways; not least of which is great value and quality for the money. my main suggestion is to learn the features and maintenance requirements; read through the owner's manual thoroughly so you can get full use of all the terrific features you now have.

This forum has tons of information for you as you learn how your car works and performs; good people on here!

Drive safely and wisely and keep your eyes on all the other drivers; best of luck!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Congrats on first car, it's a really nice one. Glad to see not every 18yo wants an "exciting" car like some kind of sports car or ricer. It has a V6 but I'm sure you realize it's not really meant for speed or athletics. I suggest a bottle of Techron fuel additive every 7k miles to help out the engine and exhaust system (that suggest is buried in the manual and we all know no one reads that thing from cover to cover :p). Also, you may want to clean your exhaust ports frequently with a quick wipe-down (inside and out) as they get sooty, this is common with this type of engine and nothing to worry about, nor is it your fuel source.

If your windows aren't tinted I would highly suggest you doing so as well as getting a water based leather cleaner and conditioner/sealer. That will help your leather a long way into staying looking great for years to come. Don't use anything like Armorall or anything that has oils in it on your leather, it will clog the pores of the leather and actually just not help at all, this is why I said water based. Armorall is great to use on your dash and synthetic surfaces like the arm rests and door inserts. I suggest looking at the autogeek site for tips in general (Leather Cleaning and Care: clean and condition leather seats with premium leather care products. leather care, leather cleaner, auto leather cleaner,). They advertise a lot of expensive products and you obviously don't have to use those but some are nice. I personally use Leather Master care products for my leather and they work well but I do use Wolfgang stuff for my exterior (and that stuff is expensive but good).

I also highly recommend Weather Tech floor liners for the car. The sides of them go up pretty far and they do cover the whole area and fit well. They are a little pricey but they are nice for snow/slush here in winter and mud when it rains.

Lastly, at 27k miles you may want to check the tread on your tires. Your dealer should do that and make sure they are OK before they sell it (they may have replaced them) but it's always nice to know where you stand on it when buying used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.