Kia Cadenza Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update they changed injectors on cylinders 5-6 an they said to use top tier gas witch I am now but issue is still there I had gone on a vacation an the valet person told me that he has driven cars like mine but never had them sound like mine an that is what bothers me y does every one say what I am saying too but kia says its normal I just think they trying to push it till my woranty is over, I am very disappointed

·
Registered
52 Posts
Might try some SeaFoam. My Mustang was running little rough and a guy at auto store told me to try it. It worked for me. Mustang started running good again. I did the complete treatment of putting it in oil, gas and vacuum line, but a lot of people just add it to the gas and oil.
Also make sure your getting your gas from the places mentioned in the manual for the higher grade gas.
Your car should not sound like you have explained.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My thing is that it's a brand new car don't think I have to be using additives to make it run good only 13,000 miles that's nothing it should run good whit out using anything

·
Registered
866 Posts
My thing is that it's a brand new car don't think I have to be using additives to make it run good only 13,000 miles that's nothing it should run good whit out using anything
You might want to take a look at the maintenance schedule, it calls for Techron at regular intervals if you don't use Top Tier Gas. I put it in whether I use Top Tier or not, as I don't want to get into an argument with the dealer if a warranty issue comes up.

·
Registered
796 Posts
You might want to take a look at the maintenance schedule, it calls for Techron at regular intervals if you don't use Top Tier Gas. I put it in whether I use Top Tier or not, as I don't want to get into an argument with the dealer if a warranty issue comes up.
This ^. I insisted that my dealer put in Techron for me and make sure it was in the notes for the maintenance in their system as well as on my printed sheet. He looked in the manual and verified that it was in there as recommended, he stated no one else had asked before. My first 3 years of service are free and the Techron is $10, so I pay $10 for service with extra peace of mind knowing I've done EVERYTHING they require so if anything goes wrong it's documented that I've done everything I could.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Any updates on reliability issues. I'm really having a hard time deciding on this. One of my top two decisions to think about is the ride quality and reliability.

With proper maintenance I want to get nearly 200K before serious (engine/trans) issues like i would get out of a Toyota.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree but my last car Chrysler 300M was a great car for me, a $200 torque converter ultimately killed my $2000 transmission at 125k miles so....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts