Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it. The horn sound of this car is strong, nice and deep. I remember my first Kia, a 2016 Forte and a co-worker literally laughed at the 'MEEP' that came out when I hit the alarm (Californians don't care about your feelings).

But in my 2019 Forte and this 2017 Cadenza, the horn is deep and powerful. So why is the alarm this quiet little 'meeeep-meeeep' sound? Is it just my car? You can barely hear it. I could easily sleep through that. Anyone know what would cause that?

·
Registered
2014 Cadenza Luxury Package.
13 Posts
I don't get it. The horn sound of this car is strong, nice and deep. I remember my first Kia, a 2016 Forte and a co-worker literally laughed at the 'MEEP' that came out when I hit the alarm (Californians don't care about your feelings).

But in my 2019 Forte and this 2017 Cadenza, the horn is deep and powerful. So why is the alarm this quiet little 'meeeep-meeeep' sound? Is it just my car? You can barely hear it. I could easily sleep through that. Anyone know what would cause that?
If you talking about the beep the alarm makes, that's just the way Hyundai/Kia does it. My Cadenza is like that, and my mom's 2015 Sedona is like that too. Although for some odd reason the cadenza's alarm is way more quiet than the van's. That's the one big drawback that I have with Kia's in general, and I don't really see a way in fixing it unless there is some way to reprogram it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you talking about the beep the alarm makes, that's just the way Hyundai/Kia does it. My Cadenza is like that, and my mom's 2015 Sedona is like that too. Although for some odd reason the cadenza's alarm is way more quiet than the van's. That's the one big drawback that I have with Kia's in general, and I don't really see a way in fixing it unless there is some way to reprogram it.
So sad to hear this is normal :(

·
Registered
317 Posts
Honestly, I've never had my alarm go off. If you're talking about the little beep that happens when you lock the doors, I VERY much like that it is so quiet and unassuming. I certainly don't need some big sound just to confirm the doors are locked, let alone you can simply look at the parking lights flash, don't even need a sound to begin with.

I don't know what happens when the actual alarm goes off, i.e. break-in. Are you saying it's still that small "chirp" sound but a more constant pattern or something? That would be silly for an alarm, I have to agree. I just assumed the horn would sound when the actual alarm went off.

Reactions: joegr

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, I've never had my alarm go off. If you're talking about the little beep that happens when you lock the doors, I VERY much like that it is so quiet and unassuming. I certainly don't need some big sound just to confirm the doors are locked, let alone you can simply look at the parking lights flash, don't even need a sound to begin with.

I don't know what happens when the actual alarm goes off, i.e. break-in. Are you saying it's still that small "chirp" sound but a more constant pattern or something? That would be silly for an alarm, I have to agree. I just assumed the horn would sound when the actual alarm went off.
Wow press the alarm button on your fob LOL.

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadenza Luxury Package.
13 Posts

He is talking about the lock confirmation honk, not the chime it makes when the car is locked. It seems like there are two horns for every Kia, one for the actual horn, and for some reason a second one for locking and the alarm. I know I shouldn't make this seem like this is only Kia doing it, considering VW has been doing it with every car for several years with a similar sounding horn, but I find it completely absurd Kia did this for every single car, even their high $ ones.

·
Registered
803 Posts
When I replaced my main horns, 2 up front, I took one of the original ones, think it was the low tone, and replaced the chirp horn. Chirp horn is near the firewall, the main horns are behind the grill. Makes a world of difference if you want to chirp and hit the low tone. The women take note.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Yes my 2015 kia cadenza "limited" is barely worth turning on must be one reason kia is the most stolen vehicle in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You guys are funny. No one pays attention to car alarms what so ever. Doesn't matter how much noise they make or not. The exhaust from a stupid rice burner will grab much more attention these days.

Reactions: joegr and DaveR
1 - 11 of 11 Posts