Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Cadenza. I am growing to hate Apple.

Among the many issues upgrading my iPhone 4s to iOS8, I can now add trashing my UVO phone compatibility to the list. I can still stream music, but I cannot make or receive calls. I un-paired and re-paired the phone. It still doesn't work.

As a check, I tried my wife's 5s. It works fine.

Just a heads up....

Regards,
Johny D.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
KIA has to do an update on the UVO , even our Samsung galaxy S4 and S5 The car UVO says they aren't completely compatible with the UVO. The new V8 update doesn't do any thing for them either

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My iphone 4 works here no problem here.
My post is specific to iPhone 4s upgraded to iOS8. Apple stated that the 4s was compatible with the upgrade.

I work on the road, and rent cars every week. Last week I had a Forte, and it was the same situation. Stream music? Great. Use phone hands-free? No.

What I experienced...
- The phone paired as expected, and I could dial by voice, but the call would self-terminate.
- If I received a call, the car system would not give me any option to answer it, i.e. the green "pick up" button on the wheel did nothing, and no "Accept" button appeared on my screen.
- If I manually dialed the phone while connected to the car, the other end could not hear me until I selected the phone as the voice source.

2 different cars. 2 versions of UVO system (Cadenza & Forte). Same symptoms.

Like I said in my first post; I love my Cadenza. After renting a couple of them, I bought one. I've done the 800 mile run between Seattle and San Francisco 4 times, and I've never had a car as comfortable & as at home on the freeway. Just don't expect your iPhone 4s to work if you upgrade it to iOS8.

Regards,
Johny D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts